Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default If We Let the Government Take Our Guns, We値l Have to Run and Hide Like Londoners

If We Let the Government Take Our Guns, We’ll Have to Run and Hide Like Londoners
    by AWR Hawkins

When England banned the private ownership of handguns within its borders, I remember the National Rifle Association (NRA) airing videos of steamrollers rolling over mounds of confiscated weapons and crushing them to bits.

I remember seeing videos of containers full of guns – handguns and long guns – being placed in large compactors where they too were crushed beyond recognition.

The NRA’s message was simple: Elect people to Congress and the Senate who are anti-gun and it won’t be long till they’re steamrolling your father’s shotgun or your .38 revolver or your buddy’s Colt .45.

And the NRA warned that once that happened, emboldened criminals would come into our homes and businesses without hesitation: for they’d know that we, as a disarmed citizenry, have no way to turn them back.

That was back in the mid-to-late 1990s, and I still remember how the progressive world, which included Democrat leadership in the U.S., mocked the NRA for using scare tactics to control people and subsequently praised the way England was supposedly saying “no” to the gun lobby and “yes” to fighting crime.

And it was open season on the NRA and the 2nd Amendment in the college classroom too, where I heard professor after professor recite their talking points on the supposed benefits of gun control during lectures that had nothing to do with guns or control.

Fast forward to 2011 and look at the riots taking place in London, England: the city of unarmed people where crime was long ago vanished via the confiscation and destruction of handguns.

Now that the criminals are confident the citizenry is thoroughly unarmed, they’re going into homes and businesses whenever they wish, taking whatever they want once they go in, and walking (or running) away with a smile on their face.

(Oops! I guess someone forgot to tell the criminals that guns were the cause of criminality.)

Just consider an episode from London’s acclaimed restaurant – The Ledbury – from a few nights ago. Patrons talked of being attacked by rioters with “weapons,” who rushed into the restaurant and demanded customers “hand over wedding rings, cell phones and wallets.”

What “weapons” did the rioters use? Baseball bats of course. (That’s right – an entire restaurant full of people was controlled by kids with clubs.)

To be fair, the patrons said the restaurant staff fought back, with “rolling pins, fry baskets” and other “kitchen tools.”

Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father and third President of the United States, once wrote of how denying a person their natural rights is akin to denying them part of their humanity.

Applied to the right to self defense, which is supported by the right to keep and bear arms, Jefferson’s words are illustrative in a situation where men and women are forced to scream and plead and finally fight for their lives with “kitchen tools” instead of pulling a handgun from their pocket or purse and teaching an aggressor a hard but valuable lesson.

It is embarrassing to read of the abasement these Londoners have faced as a result of being disarmed. In fact, it is, as Jefferson would say, an insult to their humanity.

Where I live, if a gang of rioters comes busting through the restaurant doors swinging baseball bats at patrons, I doubt I’ll be alone in pulling my .45 and taking care of business.

And the very act of doing that, though not hoped for, will prove a reminder that my life is too valuable a thing to be sacrificed on the altar of progressive policies and academic rhetoric.

The NRA was right. And if we ever let the government take our guns, it won’t be long till we’ll be scrambling under tables like Londoners, and fighting back with “fry baskets.”

http://biggovernment.com/awrhawkins/...s/#more-312628

Default Re: If We Let the Government Take Our Guns, We値l Have to Run and Hide Like Londoners

let us all train well for the inevitable riots yet to come.
    nice article.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: If We Let the Government Take Our Guns, We値l Have to Run and Hide Like Londoners

Flash mob, meet Mr. Muzzle Flash.

(Lancaster County)

If it isn't the rioters doing the looting, it's the government itself. Both feel free to do as they wish to unarmed people.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

If the Gov takes our guns it will be because of enough of the population votes people like Barack obama into office or staying home becuase you dont like who the gop person is.

the government will try but won't succeed, too many "untrained" americans will have ND's

Its amazing how the law abiding citizens in England are protecting themselves with sticks, bricks and bats. Reports indicate some are using swords!! It is astonishing how Brits are now less armed probably than any time in their history and you can see what is happening over there. Too bad.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

It is reasons like this that the Goverment will be taking my guns from my cold dead hands!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

no, use super glue.

why is it they're rioting? i haven't caught the news on it, some police shooting or something?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    no, use super glue.

why is it they're rioting? i haven't caught the news on it, some police shooting or something?
    Some thing about having funny accents and tea times!
    Just think London has not seen this much action since WWII.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast