Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazon!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Amazon!

I too am a Prime member. If you watch a bunch of my YouTube videos I am getting tons of gun stuff from Amazon all the time. Just ordered some more stuff today.

I love free 2 day shipping.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

3 years ago Ebay > Amazon
    Today Amazon > Ebay

I still check both, but ultimately buy from amazon 4/5 times these days.
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    +1 on Prime and on buying things that are "fulfilled by Amazon." Amazon has warehouses strategically placed throughout the country and even without the Prime 2-day option, things often arrive in a couple of days. Most things I've bought lately have come out of Allentown or Delaware or Maryland.

In fact Prime has become less valuable of late because whereas it used to be pure UPS or FedEx 2nd day, which will deliver next day if it's close, they're now using the stupid SmartPost thing where FedEx delivers to your local USPS Post Office within hours and then the numb-nuts there sit on it for an extra day. With regional warehouses, it's not much better or any better than plain old UPS or FedEx ground service.
    I
    One plus from Prime is that you also get a free streaming video service which although it isn't as good as NetFlix, isn't bad if you have something like a Roku.

It easily pays for itself with free shipping at Xmas.
    Another very happy Prime Amazon customer. However, I agree the SmartPost service is terrible. Had a book ship to me from Quakertown. It was at perkasie post office for five days. Seller was livid with the service since Amazon provided it.
    Last edited by BobFromBucks; August 17th, 2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added info

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I too am a Prime member. If you watch a bunch of my YouTube videos I am getting tons of gun stuff from Amazon all the time. Just ordered some more stuff today.

I love free 2 day shipping.
    I guess I'll have to look into Amazon Prime as probably 90% of my shopping is done through Amazon.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    Another very happy Prime Amazon customer. However, I agree the SmartPost service is terrible. Had a book ship to me from Quakertown. It was at perkasie post office for five days. Seller was livid with the service since Amazon provided it.
    Make sure to let Amazon know that you don't like "dumb post." Post it on their Facebook site. The only advantage is that if you know it's sitting at your local PO, you can go in with a printout of the tracking and say "where the f*** is my package?" to the post-master.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123