Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mifflin County)

Default Nationals Sporting Goods

How does their selection compare to Millers? I've heard their prices are a little better but not sure on the selection. Thanks

(Elk County)

Default Re: Nationals Sporting Goods

NSG has more handguns, more EBRs, and probably near on to as many rifles and shotguns as does Millers. NSG has fewer "special interest" guns like those that Phil has in the display case along the far back wall.

And although I like Millers, respect Phil's firearm knowledge and ability as a gunsmith and accomplished target shooter, and have spent a good deal of $$$ there over the years, you sometimes have to wait for Phil to finish bullshitting with another customer, or wait for his wife to finish gun sale paperwork in order to ask to see a handgun or something in the back wall displays or behind the counter. She may shriek for assistance, but that doesn't mean Phil or one of the daughters in Archery will always come running.

At NSG, you don't have that. You are promptly asked if you need help, and left alone if just looking until you do find something. At that point, somebody is right there front and center, squared away and dress-right-dress with bells on to assist you.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Noah was spot on with everything. I've been to quite a few gun shops and National is my favorite not just because of the good selection and great prices (they are quite a bit cheaper than Miller's, by the way) but they treat you like a friend and never give you any attitude like I noticed at a lot of other shops.

They are also what I like to call a "pro-gun gun shop," meaning they understand the true intent of the 2nd Amendment and fully support semi-autos/tactical guns/EBRs/what ever you wanna call them. If you do a search on this forum you'll see how Phil Miller and his wife treated a forum member who asked to place some Pro-2nd Amendment voting guides in his shop. No Fudds at National Sporting Goods!

(Lycoming County)

I prefer to do my business at National. Generally lower prices and if they don't have it, they can get it. And now that they are selling suppressors... they will soon be getting more of my money.

Everyone is helpful and ready to hand you what ever you want to look at. I shoot with Adam and Matt every now and again so I try to keep up on the latest news of whats coming in.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post
    I prefer to do my business at National. Generally lower prices and if they don't have it, they can get it. And now that they are selling suppressors... they will soon be getting more of my money.

Everyone is helpful and ready to hand you what ever you want to look at. I shoot with Adam and Matt every now and again so I try to keep up on the latest news of whats coming in.
    I have a Yankee Hill Mite .22 can on order from them!