Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Friend Wants a LTCF

Thing is she got picked up on a possession of marijuana charge about 5 years back.

Does that fall under the "The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act." and disqualify her from getting her LTCF?
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/avatars/fireguy15.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1223682849

Default Re: Friend Wants a LTCF

Question 34 on the form states that any drug conviction will prohibit licensing.
    Sorry. If it was minor an expungement(is that a word) may be possible, but I would think unlikely especially only 5yrs ago. Was she a minor?

edit:
    I do find it ridiculous that someone busted with a small amount of pot gets screwed for life, but if I throw my car into a telephone pole while drunk no one cares.
    Last edited by God's Country; January 11th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Cumberland County)

I will let her know the bad news.

What really sucks is she works at some club and gets out of there at 3am with all the drunks that have been hitting on her all night. Recently one girl was raped in the parking lot.

So I will let her know her pot charge has screwed her and maybe she should find another job.

Thanks for the help.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/avatars/fireguy15.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1223682849

never really understood how you can get a dui with a few DUI's.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    never really understood how you can get a dui with a few DUI's.
    ?? You mean LTCF with a few DUI's?

that marijuana is harsh stuff ya gotta watch the f out for it. I hear its a gateway drug and after you try it you become addicted to heroin and rob a bank within the first 10minutes

(Chester County)

Maybe we can help get her elected as the Commander in Chief of the world's most powerful Armed Forces and have the secret service handle all her protection needs for the rest of her life. It's ludicrous that you can't get a LTCF with a mark like that on your record, but apparently a few indiscrestions with a controlled substance is no longer something we need concern ourselves about when choosing someone to lead our country.
    Last edited by str8shooter; January 11th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy15 View Post
    I will let her know the bad news.

What really sucks is she works at some club and gets out of there at 3am with all the drunks that have been hitting on her all night. Recently one girl was raped in the parking lot.

So I will let her know her pot charge has screwed her and maybe she should find another job.

Thanks for the help.
    It can't hurt to contact a lawyer and see if there is some path to take a few years down the road. If she was convicted, as I'm sure you know, with a possible jail term exceeding 1 year, she's double screwed.

If I were you I would get her the largest can of pepper spray I could find to use at her job.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Westmoreland County)

How old was she when this happened? I've had some interesting run-ins with the law before 18 which haven't prevented me from bearing or concealing arms.

She can always get a hold of a lawyer and try to have it removed or something.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Chester County)

If I were you I would get her the largest can of pepper spray I could find to use at her job.
    +1 on the pepper spray. Stun guns and batons are (still) legal in PA too and might be a good alternative.

I just bought a stun baton for my daughter who will be going to college next year. To belay my greatest fear about it being taken away and then used against her, I found a model with a safety strap that wraps around her wrist. If a bg successfully gets it away from her, it will be disabled when the strap is separated from the baton. It's hard to believe, but for $40 you can get a million volts of submission from a bg. If you want to see how effective they can be (or just want a good laugh), search youTube for stun gun and watch the idiots that use them on themselves and friends.

IMHO, they'll be banned in PA soon (they already are in some states), so I actually bought a couple (along with several pepper sprayers) so I'd have one when my other daughter goes to college.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast