Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thread got me thinking.....

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...ime-again.html

This thread made me think. Would you guys actually be willing to die to protect gun rights? A poster indicated that "If the SWAT team came..." then basically stated that he would shoot it out with them because he has the same type of weaponry. How far would you go?

Jules

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Thread got me thinking.....

As with most things, most who "say" don't "do". Then again, it shouldn't have to be "said", that is what the 2A is for. To defend against tyranny. A police mistake is bad, and I'm hoping it could be sorted out without any loss of life on either side.

But, something like the govt. deciding to round up tens of thousands of American citizens based solely on their ancenstry or ethnic origins and "place" them in detention facilities for an indefinite period of time and without charges filed again? I'm not sure.

As for me, my honest answer is I don't know what I would do. In the same vein though, since I have worn a uniform at times, I would disobey an order that requires me to just go into people's homes and confiscating their property at will ie Katrina.
    Last edited by Garpman; January 11th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post

This thread made me think. Would you guys actually be willing to die to protect gun rights? A poster indicated that "If the SWAT team came..." then basically stated that he would shoot it out with them because he has the same type of weaponry. How far would you go?

Jules
    Depends. Would I be willing to fight and perhaps even die to protect our freedom and our nation's sovereignty from foreign invaders or terrorists. Well duh.

Would I fire at a SWAT team that was following orders to confiscate weapons due to a newly enacted gun ban? No. If it ever comes to that, I'm moving anyway -- this country won't be worth fighting for any more because it will be the majority of people here that voted in a way that made it happen. BTW, I doubt it will come to that. There's still enough of us plus whatever one might think of the wisdom of the current war, there's going to be a new generation of many thousands of veterans who are more than comfortable with guns and the idea of themselves and their fellow citizens lawfully carrying -- and they vote too.

Would I fire on a rogue SWAT team or paramilitary unit that went crazy and, I don't know, decided to make say Hillary Clinton the nation's first queen and throw away democracy? That's part of the reason behind the second amendment and why gorilla warfare was invented to defeat a foe with greater resources/firepower. I know I'd die somewhere in that fight but that's OK because I'm positive it would just never happen. Part of the reason I'm sure it will just never happen is, again, the second amendment -- and that's part of what it's for. There are tens of millions of armed citizens -- how many SWAT operators would it take to defeat them?

Sure, a bunch of criminals in government ordered the illegal gun seizure in NOLA. But even that didn't rise to something requiring full blown revolution. Following that episode, a majority of Americans acted as such and a number of states have alredy enacted laws that will prevent something similar from ever happening again. A lot of people got hosed by the gov't, were placed in grave danger having no means to defend themselves, and many will never see their seized guns again. The answer to that, however, is to put the responsible gov't officials and LEO commanders in jail where they belong for the criminal acts they undertook, far apart from our gov't. (it is a federal crime, among others, to deny someone their civil rights under color of law or to conspire to do so -- the NOLA mayor and police chief should get 10 years. Focus on that and we can all be sure it will never happen again.
    Last edited by Philadelphia; January 11th, 2008 at 04:37 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post

Would you guys actually be willing to die to protect gun rights? How far would you go?

Jules
    No I wouldn't

I would only die for two things:
    -- My Family.
    -- And my country. (very general statement...but those who have worn a uniform may understand my sentiment)
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

if it got to that, "They" have a much worse agenda if they need to take your guns............................................

It's the 1930's all over again, BUt nobody has a funny mustache this time.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post

Would I fire at a SWAT team that was following orders to confiscate weapons due to a newly enacted gun ban? No. If it ever comes to that, I'm moving anyway -- this country won't be worth fighting for any more because it will be the majority of people here that voted in a way that made it happen. BTW, I doubt it will come to that. There's still enough of us plus whatever one might think of the wisdom of the current war, there's going to be a new generation of many thousands of veterans who are more than comfortable with guns and the idea of themselves and their fellow citizens lawfully carrying -- and they vote too.
    Yeah, your right. The total gun ban in New Orleans after the hurricane was just a figment of all of our imaginitions. The film footage of them entering homes to take weapons was all a hoax. None of that happened. Couldn't of happened. We didn't vote on that.

WAKE UP. Where have you been???? It has happened just very recently on a smaller scale and we all just watched it on TV and did nothing. And if it was ever going to happen. That is how the goverment would do it in my opinion. Start at a problem area. Reaching outward. Take them out of big cities, then small cities, then big towns, and then small towns. Hey, "It is for our own good. We will give them back when it is all over. Don't worry we will take cary of you....."
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    No I wouldn't

-- My Family.
    -- And my country. (very general statement...but those who have worn a uniform may understand my sentiment)
    How do you defend those two things if you given up all your weapons??? Just a question.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Yeah, your right. The total gun ban in New Orleans after the hurricane was just a figment of all of our imaginitions. The film footage of them entering homes to take weapons was all a hoax. None of that happened. Couldn't of happened. We didn't vote on that.

WAKE UP. Where have you been???? It has happened just very recently on a smaller scale and we all just watched it on TV and did nothing. And if it was ever going to happen. That is how the goverment would do it in my opinion. Start at a problem area. Reaching outward. Take them out of big cities, then small cities, then big towns, and then small towns. Hey, "It is for our own good. We will give them back when it is all over. Don't worry we will take cary of you....."
    And back to my question, as the guy in the other post stated, would you try to stop them with lethal force? AND be fully prepared to DIE to keep your firearms from being confiscated?
    Jules

It would depend. First, on my family. If I had an established family, I rather doubt it. But, if not, it would depend on if I actually was with an army that would be capable of growing large enough to defeat what they throw at us, and the majority of the citizens would be for it. Otherwise, I'd move.

Problem is, I can only see them doing it slow enough that we'd all accept it. Take a few rights a decade, we'll eventually get used to it. At least the majority will, and I can only see a few, maybe 1/8th of the population, supporting civil war. They're not dumb enough to try to make fast moves. You use a chisel, and chip away, until its gone.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    No I wouldn't

-- My Family.
    Take the "gun" out of "rights" and you are defending your rights, which is defending your country. Since you mention wearing uniform, I'm assuming you have gone overseas defending the country, well the 2A doesn't require you to wear a uniform per se, but it requires you to take up arms against what were once your fellow countrymen. It's still defending the country, and in many ways, more importantly than any foreign war against a foreign enemy.

I think your answer is like mine. It's most likely a resounding "yes", but we just don't type things that make us look like fools on the internet. If it should get that bad, you will do the right thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast