Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default How many do you have?

Rep points how many do you have ? i gotz 172 point(s) total

i usually try to give point to people who give them to me, post that make me laugh, Great info and awesome photos

how do you hand out yours

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: How many do you have?

What is this Rep Points that you speak of and what are they good for?

(Delaware County)

as of 5:35 am 1-11-08 I have 471 rep points. I tend to give them out for posts that are informative, make me think, smile or laugh. I've given many to folks who never give any back but that's ok, I'll still give them anyway if they're informative, make me think, smile or laugh.

That said, although I am the current leader, point wise, I am by far not the person with the best rep here, Folks like TonyF, Frenchy, Lycan, 27Hand and yes, even MarcS, just to name a few, are by far the most informative when it comes to firearms, folks like NineseveN, D-FENS, LittleRedToyota among others who write stuff to make you think should be among those in the top as well. EM, BT and the rest of the westies who put together the group shoots at PMSC. GRoPA for his hospitality when I came out west. There are so many here I can't possibly mention them all, sorry if I mssed ya.

Rep points can be used as a general guide to how much weight you put to a persons posts, but I think we all, myself included, put to much weight on them.

I've never given out negative points, although I've seen some posts that needed them, I try to stay positive.

Anyway, I have learned so much here, have had many a belly rolling laugh and have enjoyed meeting so many folks here. 99.9% of y'all deserve a round of applause. Thanks,

Bill

(Indiana County)

Five? Six? I can't be bothered to look. :P

(Westmoreland County)

254. I just don't have much time to post anymore. The site is a lot busier so I hold much of my commentary back even when I get a chance to peruse after work, etc.

As far as Negative Points go. I've given to 1FingrChan (go figure) and Roscoe for calling the greatest patriot I've ever met in person an Al Qeada terrorist. I'd take them back if I could because the Ignore function works just fine.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Delaware County)

I give out good positive points when the post are good and funny but 90% of the time they never give them back, that's why my points are low.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I've never given out negative points, although I've seen some posts that needed them, I try to stay positive.
    I've never given out negetive rep either, nor do I have any "buddies" or anyone on my ignor list. I post what's on my mind, I'll hash out misunderstandings later.

(Westmoreland County)

I give rep to anything interesting, informative, creative and funny! I also give rep for opinions I share just because I can! LOL

I currently have 221 and could use a few more! [/shamless plug]

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Chester County)

Just a few days ago I learned that I have some and how to give them, so if you guys are giving them out, but don't get some back (or at least a polite thanks) keep in mind that even long time members of the forum still might not know what they're all about or that they even have them. I only got a few, but I haven't attained the coveted position of post-whore yet so maybe if I post enough I might actually peck out something interesting, maybe even informative, once in a while.

As of right now 9:15 am, I have 348.
    I give rep to anyone that makes a good point, raises a good issue, makes me laugh or finds one of my posts interesting, informative or just plain funny.
    I have only given 1 bad rep point since i've been on this board to Stimpy since he openly disrespected me on this forum, for no reason, he decided to pick on a girl. In the negative rep he also got a little message from me. There were plenty of men on this forum that took my back, for that they got rep.
    I've given rep to allot of people that have never given it back, but thats okay. I do keep a list of rep that I owe for those that have generously given to me. I have even gone so far as to pull up your name on the members list and read through your posts, so I can in fact give you rep. I am usually rep'd out everyday. I do check my rep often so I make sure you get one back, or in my case 5.
    I've also given rep to people that have gone above and beyond for others on this board. I've also given rep for the holidays. I will also give rep as a little thank you.
    I even given rep to those that i've had words with through pms. And I have also received them back. Sometimes rep is a good way to say "we've buried the hatchet". I'm happy that some of you have gotten past the differences and have resumed given rep to those that you might have had a disagreement with.
    Last edited by Michele; January 11th, 2008 at 10:13 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast