Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Thumbs up The Village Arms, Gap PA

The wife and I were on vacation in Strasburg, Lancaster County, (train riding!!) last week. I had a couple hours to kill Saturday morning so we took a drive down RT 741 until reaching Gap. I turned onto the main drag and found a gun shop- The Village Arms. Had to check it out.

Nice selection of ammo (esp. .22LR) reloading supplies, targets, scopes and a decent collection of firearms. Spied some used S&W's in the case and ended up taking home a 98% (couple of rust freckles from sitting on the cylinder in a drawer for 30 years) S&W Model 15-3 Combat Masterpiece for $379 plus tax and a $10 IC/Trans fee. The two guys there were friendly and knowledgeable and most of the guns were priced within reason.

Check them out if you are in the Lancaster area. I know I will stop back the next time I'm near.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER, GOA, SAF, PAFOA

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Village Arms, Gap PA

I'LL give a thumbs up to this shop too. Gene and his wife are great people to do business with and Gene is an excellent gunsmith.

(Chester County)

I live less than 15 miles from there and have yet to stop in. Definitely will be soon after these reviews. Thanks!!
    It's called "WORK" for a reason, they wouldn't pay you for it if it was fun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryStyle View Post
    I live less than 15 miles from there and have yet to stop in. Definitely will be soon after these reviews. Thanks!!
    It's well worth stopping in. I was introduced to the shop when I bought a SW40VE from a gentleman on the boards here. He was from Lancaster and I'm from Kennett Square so it was a good middle ground location for us.

I should go check out what they have as far as reloading supplies since that's going to be my next endeavour in the world of shooting.

(Carbon County)

was in gettysburg on the bike last year and stopped there on my way home..nice people, didnt buy anything but the prices were fair.

(Chester County)

I'm about 20-30 min. away and if the prices are even remotely better than the SEPA extortionists than I'm sorry I haven't stopped in sooner.

I'll definitely check them out.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Delaware County)

Their handgun prices can be beat by a little bit. The store is owned by a gentleman that will go out of his way to help you. That, to me, is worth a few bucks more and certainly beats driving all over creation to save what would be basically a three person visit to McDonalds, that is unless there is an overeater in the group that super sizes.

(Chester County)

Definitely worth the extra $$$ to buy from a knowledgeable local shop.
    It's called "WORK" for a reason, they wouldn't pay you for it if it was fun.

(Berks County)

Bought a Smith and you didn't post pics? shame on you lol Great little shop! Do they still have the .22 Gatling gun on the counter?

(Chester County)

Stopped in yesterday to take a look around. As mentioned some of the prices were a tick higher as far as guns were concerned, but nothing jumped out at me as being outrageous.

The ammo prices were a bit more out of line than what I have seen at other local shops. Although the Brown Bear .223 was on-par with Internet pricing. Even when you factor in sales tax you could probably save a few bucks Vs. buying online with shipping. I probably should have picked some up, but I had just spent enough money picking up supplies for a plumbing project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast