Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sheriff's race in Montgomery County

It would be a good thing if the next Sheriff of Montgomery County would actually sign off of on NFA items as guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment unlike the acting Sheriff, Retired Whitemarsh Police Chief Eileen Whalon Behr.

She is running in this upcoming November Sheriff's election against Democratic candidate William Holt, who is recently retired as Chief of Detectives and as a Detective Sergeant from the Abington Township Police Department where he served for 42 years.

Will Holt, who is also the Founding President of the Montgomery County Black Police Officers' Association, is a long standing supporter of the Second Amendment and gun rights. Will has worked with me for over 8 years in conducting firearms safety, firearms law, and concealed carry classes to fulfill the requirements for obtaining the Florida Multi-State Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit. Will Holt is also an avid hunter, but unlike many politicians who hunt, Will Holt understands that the Second Amendment is not about hunting--it is about the right of the people to keep and bear arms for self defense and to prevent tyranny.

This November 2011 election in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is the first election in many years that I will be voting for a Democratic candidate. It is important to vote for the right person, not to just vote for a party. Will Holt is committed to preserving and protecting law abiding citizens' Second Amendment Gun Rights. This upcoming Sheriff's election in Montgomery County Pennsylvania in November is a crucial one. Acting Sheriff Eileen Behr is not a friend of gun owners. Retired Abington Detective Sergeant William Holt is a friend of gun owners. The Sheriff's Department in Montgomery County handles all gun permits in the county. We need a strong gun rights supporter to be the next sheriff.

Recognize that political party affiliation is not the only, or the main variable, that should influence who you vote for. As is the case with Acting Sheriff Behr, there are many Republicans who are anti-gun rights. Similarly, there are many Democrats who are pro-gun rights. Realize that party affiliation is motivated by many factors, one of which is political opportunity. I am essentially a one issue voter and that issue is GUN RIGHTS.

Vote for Will Holt for Sheriff of Montgomery County. He will protect our gun rights.

DISCLAIMER: I am a friend of Will Holt. This is not a paid political announcement. I know that Will is a gun rights supporter. I have worked with him for years.

Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D.
    President, Personal Defense Solutions, LLC
    www.PersonalDefenseSolutions.net
    www.DefensiveHandguns.com
    Last edited by Bruce Eimer; August 6th, 2011 at 06:18 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sheriff's race in Montgomery County

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Eimer View Post
    It would be a good thing if the next Sheriff of Montgomery County would actually sign off of on NFA items as guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment unlike the acting Sheriff, Retired Whitemarsh Police Chief Eileen Whalon Behr.
    Unlike Eileen? It's my understanding that she will sign off on NFA stuff.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    Unlike Eileen? It's my understanding that she will sign off on NFA stuff.
    This is correct and has been confirmed by a local FFL. Great to hear that William Holt is also an advocate of the 2nd.

(Berks County)

If they will both sign off on NFA, are either of them willing to get rid of the ridiculous, unnecessary, and dubiously legal "police check card" in MontCo? If they're both 2A supporters, whichever one would be willing to do their OWN work and leave the police out of issuing LTCFs (the reason it was made a Sheriff's responsibility in first place) is the one I'd support if I were a MontCo voter.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    If they will both sign off on NFA, are either of them willing to get rid of the ridiculous, unnecessary, and dubiously legal "police check card" in MontCo? If they're both 2A supporters, whichever one would be willing to do their OWN work and leave the police out of issuing LTCFs (the reason it was made a Sheriff's responsibility in first place) is the one I'd support if I were a MontCo voter.
    Get me some contact info and I will find out, lol.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

Will Holt, who is also the Founding President of the Montgomery County Black Police Officers' Association,
    I have an issue with this. I can see if it was created in the 1960s...but in 1990? Why?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Get me some contact info and I will find out, lol.
    http://sheriff.montcopa.org/sheriff/site/default.asp?

http://www.holtforsheriff.com/

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Eimer View Post

She is running in this upcoming November Sheriff's election against Democratic candidate William Holt, who is recently retired as Chief of Detectives and as a Detective Sergeant from the Abington Township Police Department where he served for 42 years.

Will Holt, who is also the Founding President of the Montgomery County Black Police Officers' Association, is a long standing supporter of the Second Amendment and gun rights. Will has worked with me for over 8 years in conducting firearms safety, firearms law, and concealed carry classes to fulfill the requirements for obtaining the Florida Multi-State Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit. Will Holt is also an avid hunter, but unlike many politicians who hunt, Will Holt understands that the Second Amendment is not about hunting--it is about the right of the people to keep and bear arms for self defense and to prevent tyranny.

This November 2011 election in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is the first election in many years that I will be voting for a Democratic candidate. It is important to vote for the right person, not to just vote for a party. Will Holt is committed to preserving and protecting law abiding citizens' Second Amendment Gun Rights. This upcoming Sheriff's election in Montgomery County Pennsylvania in November is a crucial one. Acting Sheriff Eileen Behr is not a friend of gun owners. Retired Abington Detective Sergeant William Holt is a friend of gun owners. The Sheriff's Department in Montgomery County handles all gun permits in the county. We need a strong gun rights supporter to be the next sheriff.

Recognize that political party affiliation is not the only, or the main variable, that should influence who you vote for. As is the case with Acting Sheriff Behr, there are many Republicans who are anti-gun rights. Similarly, there are many Democrats who are pro-gun rights. Realize that party affiliation is motivated by many factors, one of which is political opportunity. I am essentially a one issue voter and that issue is GUN RIGHTS.

Vote for Will Holt for Sheriff of Montgomery County. He will protect our gun rights.

DISCLAIMER: I am a friend of Will Holt. This is not a paid political announcement. I know that Will is a gun rights supporter. I have worked with him for years.

Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D.
    President, Personal Defense Solutions, LLC
    www.PersonalDefenseSolutions.net
    www.DefensiveHandguns.com
    In this day and age I see no need for separation in the form of a racial organization.

Florida doesn't have a concealed carry permit, they have a Concealed Weapon/Firearm License.

Sure sounds like a paid political announcement as you have a lot to gain, you being his friend/co-worker and all.

(Delaware County)

Submitted:

Good afternoon, Mr. Holt.

I have a question for you. If elected, will you take the needed steps to remove the requirement which the Mongtgomery County Sheriff's office imposes on it's residents to obtain a "Police Check Card" during the process of applying for a License to Carry Firearms?

Title 18 specifically enumerates the steps required to be taken by the Sheriff to process these applications, and also restricts individual counties, municipalities and townships from imposing any additional restrictions on said process. This makes forcing applicants to get a "Police Check Card" illegal, yet the practice continue to take place.

I'd like to know if you'd take action to remove this illegal and inconveniencing step.

Thank you,

Mark
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

I 100% agree with "soberbyker". In this day and age there is no need for racial separation in the work place. When it comes to civil service jobs, the process is straight forward. Everyone takes the same tests and goes through the same hiring process. You may receive preference for military service or higher education but all Americans have the opportunity to obtain both. I did not come from a wealthy family. After high school, I served in the military and utilized the GI Bill for education. When I went through the civil service process, I was ranked on an eligibility list. How are we supposed to move forward as a country if we continue to racially divide our nation. Just my .02!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast