Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thoughts on a Perfect Gun....

Today, my idea of the perfect semi-automatic would be a Beretta 92FS1 Compact that could take full-size magazines and that would have both a functional decocker and a safety so that it could be carried cocked and locked. It would have the same kind of action of the FNH FNX and would have the best worlds of both a single action and double. It would also have the ability to easily change various sights, including night sights, without the use of a gunsmith and it would have a slightly smaller grip size, and I would like the option of a stainless one.

What do you think?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Thoughts on a Perfect Gun....

Sorry but Gen 3 S&W Semi or an all Stainless Glock chambered in 10mm or 45 ACP.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Montgomery County)

I like that you said, "Today, my idea . . .", because like you, for me, "perfect" is a moving target. In fact, I'm convinced it doesn't exist. If it did, I might not be buying/selling/trading like a fool, as I'd probably have found it by now.

Anyway, I agree that the dual function safety/de-cocker is a nice feature, but overall, if I had to get rid of everything, and keep just one gun, it would be my Glock 30.
    Safe to carry w/one in the chamber, consistent trigger pull first shot to last, nothing to remember to do when the SHTF and I need to go for it, sights can be changed very easily with the right tools, good caliber, good capacity, and as reliable as a stone fence. It's about as close to perfect as I think I'm going to find. But, not knowing for certain, I keep looking and buying.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Butler County)

Glocks are the simplest pistol to run. Pull the trigger, It goes bang. Reliable and accurate. They are also butt ugly. Not that I care, I carry one almost every day.

Perfect pistol?

(Montgomery County)

This thread seems like it should have a poll attached to it.

My perfect gun would depend entirely on situation. I feel that a shotgun (maybe Mossberg 590) would be my perfect home defense gun. I feel that my Kel-Tec PF-9 makes for my perfect concealed carry gun that also gives me the 9mm round that I love. I feel that my Glock 17 would be my perfect "go to war" pistol. And lastly, I feel that my AK-74 would be my perfect "go to war" rifle.

Bare in mind that I have other guns (Sigs, bolt action rifles, AR's, etc). But to me, those won't make my "perfect gun" list for my own personal reasons.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Erie County)

The perfect gun, is the one that goes bang the least amount of times, when dealing with a BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Butler County)

If I'm going to carry a 9mm it would be the P7M8 though I've sold all mine for some strange reason.

I keep buying selling and trading but usually wind up back with a 1911. The HK45c was a nice balance for me.

But as someone pointed out, it's a fluid choice from day to day.

Too many variables to come up with a perfect pistol (carry pistol, range pistol, HD pistol, battle pistol, etc.). Perfect all around pistol? Wilson Combat 1911. You can fight with it, HD, not too hard to carry, extra mags are easy to carry, super accurate, has adequate capacity, unmatched build quality, unmatched customer service, proven platform, and just about every gun maker is either building or trying to build one. JMHO
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    Glocks are the simplest pistol to run. Pull the trigger, It goes bang. Reliable and accurate. They are also butt ugly. Not that I care, I carry one almost every day.
    They also feel like what I believe a gun made by RubberMade or TupperWare would feel like...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast