Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default I'm wearing ORANGE Friday Jan 11th!

Why? Because I support the Rule of LAW over the "rules" MADE UP by Law Enforcement for their convenience.
    The ACLU originally organised this as a protest against the AG of the US illegally holding the prisoners in Gitmo. (see below)
    However, I think its a good idea to wear orange as a protest against the Government just doing what it darn well pleases whenever it likes in blatent disregard of the actual LAW....like in Katrina for example.
    I wonder if a similar protest should be held for the Katrina Anniversary!

"Dear Friend,

This Friday, you can join thousands of people across the country in marking a sad anniversary with an act of hope.

The first prisoners arrived at the U.S. prison at Guantánamo Bay on January 11, 2002. Guantánamo quickly became an international embarrassment. It has made a mockery of our laws and values for six long years. We won’t allow seven; this is the year we are going to end the national disgrace.

Nationwide, the ACLU has set January 11th as a day of protest, declaring that it’s long past time that we put an end to illegality and close down Guantánamo. The ACLU and organizations across the country are asking people of conscience to wear orange to protest Guantánamo. I hope you will consider standing in solidarity by wearing orange on Friday as well.

Guantánamo has become a stain on our nation’s honor. That is why it is so important you join the hundreds of thousands of Americans who are demanding the closure of the prison at Guantánamo on January 11th.
    Thank you for standing with people of conscience to demand the US government close Guantánamo once and for all.

Thank you,

Anthony D. Romero
    Executive Director ACLU"
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Chester County)

Default Re: I'm wearing ORANGE Friday Jan 11th!

I'll have to see if I have any orange stuff I can wear tomorrow.

Thanks for posting this.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Susquehanna County)

Just let them all go. We can them open the jails and let them all go. As well as taking in other countries criminals and terrorist The ACLU is a bullsh*( organization That would like nothing more then to do away with the Constitution and principals of this country.

I'll be wearing Red White and Blue this Friday

Hokkmike Guest

I am sure that the ACLU supports my rights to bear arms. In their honor I'll wear black tomorrow.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    Just let them all go. We can them open the jails and let them all go. As well as taking in other countries criminals and terrorist The ACLU is a bullsh*( organization That would like nothing more then to do away with the Constitution and principals of this country.

I'll be wearing Red White and Blue this Friday
    Alright Larry, a man after my own heart. I will join you with that since I feel the same way.
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Carbon County)

Odd. My experience with the ACLU is that they support the civil rights of each and every citizen against abuse by the Government. They support the Rule of Law as passed by our representatives.
    Every day I see more and more of our Civil Liberties being given up for "our own good" and pure apathy.
    Remember even BenFranklin said that the price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance:
    "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

YES! The ACLU is HORRIBLY Hypocritical when refusing to support our Second Amendment rights. However, I know of no cases in which they actively oppose second Amendment rights. Please enlighten me if anyone knows otherwise.

Larry, are you claiming that the ACLU is Unamerican? Seems quite hypocritical to your Twain quote if such is the case.
    Again Franklin: "We must hang together or we shall surely hang!"
    Last edited by Archiver; January 11th, 2008 at 12:33 AM.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I am sure that the ACLU supports my rights to bear arms. In their honor I'll wear black tomorrow.
    Good idea......I shall wear ORANGE AND BLACK!
    Maybe throw in a Red White and Blue Hat.
    BTW, does that mean anyone wearing blaze orange tomorrow is pro-ACLU :-)~

(Indiana County)

I'd take the ACLU over the KKK, if that helps?

(Fulton County)

I will wear my Tan spikes tactical shirt today

the shirt as described on spikes website

Our most un-politically correct shirt now on close out. Says Hadji Tosser on the front with one of them flying through the air and on the back it reads What Happens in Gitmo Stays in Gitmo. On one sleeve has the trademarked spider and on the other Don't Be a Bitch in the Ditch Support our Troops

i order a thing or 2 and figure why not a Tshirt for 5.00

Last edited by fultonCoShooter; January 11th, 2008 at 06:38 AM.

(Indiana County)

Why would you toss someone just because they've made the journey to Mecca?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast