Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default anything smaller than kel tec p3at?

Are there any semi's smaller (size wise) than the kel tec p3at? I am trying to see if there is anything that compares, in any caliber, even .22? I saw a berretta .22 but it was bigger than the kel tec. I like the price of the kel tec and like the gun, but wanted to know what my other options were. This is for deep concealment, so I am not looking for anything even a tad bigger. thx, ray

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: anything smaller than kel tec p3at?

Quote Originally Posted by rspowers View Post
    Are there any semi's smaller (size wise) than the kel tec p3at? I am trying to see if there is anything that compares, in any caliber, even .22? I saw a berretta .22 but it was bigger than the kel tec. I like the price of the kel tec and like the gun, but wanted to know what my other options were. This is for deep concealment, so I am not looking for anything even a tad bigger. thx, ray

Go to this site and do some research: http://www.mouseguns.com/

Remember the smaller you go, the more it hurts to shoot, and the lighter you go, the more it hurts to shoot

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Pike County)

North American Arms mini revolvers.

(Perry County)

derringer?

while there are smaller ones, they are generally heavier and you trade off to much in ballistics. While the .380 isn't perfect for self defense(no service caliber is), w/ FMJ it does meet the FBI's minimum penetration requirements.

(Centre County)

thx for the advice thus far. i have checked out mouseguns and there wasnt really anything...there were a few really small 9mm but they were way out of my $$ range. I guess my only complaint with the kel tec is the price of .380 ammo. i would almost rather get a small .22 but i cant find any smaller than the kel tec. i will probably end up getting the kel tec. i am looking for a chrome one which i will probably have to get online as no shops seem to have it and cant order it either.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rspowers View Post
    thx for the advice thus far. i have checked out mouseguns and there wasnt really anything...there were a few really small 9mm but they were way out of my $$ range. I guess my only complaint with the kel tec is the price of .380 ammo. i would almost rather get a small .22 but i cant find any smaller than the kel tec. i will probably end up getting the kel tec. i am looking for a chrome one which i will probably have to get online as no shops seem to have it and cant order it either.

It sounds like you plan on shooting it allot because your concerned about the cost of ammo for a 380. Have you shot the Keltec P3AT yet? It's no fun to practice with After about 20-30 rounds you'll put it away for the day, so in the end, it won't cost you much in ammo

Hawk,
    Last edited by Hawk; January 10th, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
    Toujours prêt

(Philadelphia County)

Rohrbaugh R9, smallest 9mm right now IIRC.

NAA guns are also very small.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It sounds like you plan on shooting it allot because your concerned about the cost of ammo for a 380. Have you shot the Keltec P3AT yet? It's no fun to practice with After about 20-30 rounds you'll put it away for the day, so in the end, it won't cost you much in ammo

Hawk,

I agree with Hawk in that I don't shoot mine very much at all. I don't like to. In fact, I almost have to force myself to do it. But I do to keep up practice and make sure I can still hit what I am aiming at. Once a month or so, I head to the range, shoot two magazines, and move on to more fun guns. So cost of ammo doesn't matter much. Also, I shoot FMJ so I can get better penetration, and it costs about $13 for a box of 50. Not too bad.

As for the chrome, it might look nice on some guns, but I wouldn't want a chrome P3AT. I carry mine everyday in my pocket holster. At night, the holster is removed and set on my dresser. In the morning, in the pocket it goes. Most of the time it doesn't come out of the holster except for at the range. And then it is to shoot a couple rounds and back in the holster. So I just saw no need for a pretty BUG.

(Centre County)

yea, i dont plan on shooting it often. probably just a few mags everytime i am at the range to make sure its functioning and learn how it feels. I just figure a .22 would have less recoil, be easier to handle, and plus the cheaper ammo

i am looking for the chrome because I will most likely be carrying it in the late spring/summer. I have a summer home along the VA shore area where i live from May-August, and its really humid with salty air, so I wanted the most rust resistant finish I can get on it. I keep seeing the gun in blue and/or parkerized but never chrome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast