Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default RMC - moving/expanding/somewhere in between?

I stopped in at RMC last week and found out some interesting news. Bob (I think that that is his name, the guy who owned the store) sold it to another guy. Don Poorman (He was the president of RMC if I am not mistaken) and his son Ryan are opening up a new store in Mill Hall. All of the equipment in the building is also moving to Mill Hall and new equipment is being brought into the current location in Mingoville. Now, I am not sure if the current location is still called RMC or not (it said COX Industries on the top of my receipt - maybe just the cc processing company, not sure). The good news is that the current location in Mingoville is going to be carrying a far better selection of pistols and they are going to start carrying centerfire rifles in the very near future when the proper licenses are obtained. It should be interesting to see what changes take place there over the next few months.......

(Centre County)

Default Re: RMC - moving/expanding/somewhere in between?

That will be great, I hit up RMC for my muzzleloader stuff and general hunting do-dads. I am glad to see more alternatives to me driving to clearfield for my gun stuff.

BTW, Belding and Mull near Phillipsburg has a real nice shop now, they have expanded from just reloading stuff.

(Clearfield County)

+ 1 Belding&mull, nice store and decent prices
    Steve

(Centre County)

The retail store was sold, Bob said he had been at it for long enough. The retail store will still be open. A few years back RMC bought out OX-Choke, a manufacturer of black powder stuff. That manufacturing operation was moved to Mill Hall. It is now separate from the retail business.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

RMC Sports Outlet is alive and well in its same location (Mingoville). We are a local family who purchased the store from Bob, a long-time family friend. It's our life's dream realized! Yes, we have expanded our product offering quite a bit and now carry handguns, center fire guns, archery equipment, and accessories from numerous suppliers. Don't worry, we still manufacture Accusporter muzzzleloaders and carry most other brands of muzzleloaders. Our hours have expanded as well: M,W, Sat. 8-5; Tues & Thurs 8-8 and Fridays 8-7. The gunsmith/archery pro, Chris, is always on-site.

(Indiana County)

Talking Re: RMC - moving/expanding/somewhere in between?

Just purchased an Accusporter through a third party vendor.We will see if they have any problems shipping one soon.I am hoping this was an inventoried item.Brown 28" GMT barrel w 1:28 fast twist. Purchased thru Knobley Farms........will keep you posted
    "A free people ought to be armed."