Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Good shootin Tex

Went to the cuz's house today for some sub gun and fun, brought with me some propane canisters a 40" LCD and a small arsenal of handguns shotguns and rifles oh my. Started the day off right with a shot from my mosin to a small canister of propane a big poof was all I seen and then the canister came flying back towards my buddy at like 60 mph luckily no one got hurt. Then we garages the tv with a volley of slugs bird shot and small arms fire don't think anyone will be watching the view on that thing anymore, sonafter learning my lesson with the first canister I set the next one out about 80yrds and one shot one kill with open sights from my mosin again(I'm starting to get pretty damn good with this rifle) then my buddy did the same to another, then my other cuz showed up with his ar and a beretta 96 and the party really started, we loaded up the handguns and started laying into the tv again, so we each took a turn with a 92 and the 96 in each hand and I have to say duel wielding is fun but hard as hell to aim! Now for the only problem of the day an I seen some other posts about this too, how many of you have trouble with primers coming unseated and even coming the whole way out of the pocket, my cuz picked up some 5.56 on sale at dunhams and about 15 to 20 of them the primers fell out of falling into the trigger mech and one even went into the bolt lugs, wish I woulda taken some pics or could even remember the brand to give warning of shitty quality ammo out right now but ohh well, anyways just felt like talkin bout my day shooting hope some of you enjoy this peace

Default Re: Good shootin Tex

Were you shooting the 5.56 ammo from a .223? If so, there is some good detailed info here that talks about primers popping out due to pressure differences.

http://wethearmed.com/index.php?topic=67.0

(Westmoreland County)

No I am sure it was ammo quality the cases looked like shut and had very poor cycling, I dint believe that his armalite liked that brand but it ate some wolf up no prob

(Franklin County)

Did you remove your "targets" (trash) when you were finished?

(Westmoreland County)

Why does the trash matter???? The tv was in the fire pit so mo need d the canister gOt chucked too

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbudby View Post
    Why does the trash matter???? The tv was in the fire pit so mo need d the canister gOt chucked too
    i assume then that this was on private property then?? some of us dont have the luxury to have a private range and we get dumbasses who like to blow apart tv's, computers, and other appliances and then just leave their shit for the rest of the world to clean up.... it gets pretty effin annoying after a while....

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    i assume then that this was on private property then?? some of us dont have the luxury to have a private range and we get dumbasses who like to blow apart tv's, computers, and other appliances and then just leave their shit for the rest of the world to clean up.... it gets pretty effin annoying after a while....
    Exactly right.

(Westmoreland County)

Apparently we have (explitive deleted) on this site who don't know how to read either cuz I stated I was on private property in the first place, just kiddin but seriously I did say I was at my cousins house though, I would never take anything but paper targets to the range I have a lil more respect than that, but yea I've seen that at some ranges and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore