Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Arrested while CC'ing

Good Lord, I sure hope he did not mean 1.75... LMAO...

Quote Originally Posted by armatum View Post
    Wait, you mean .175? Right?
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    Good Lord, I sure hope he did not mean 1.75... LMAO...

Yeah, he'd be more pickled than Streaker's dills.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    In the picture at the top of that article, where exactly are they trying to stick that breathalyzer. I always thought they were used on the other end.

(Luzerne County)

we were on foot. not by any means visibly intoxicated. my friend and i were horsing around for a bit on our way to pick up a pizza. (after a long day at a rugby tournament). not fighting, and by the time TWO cop cars came up we were simply laughing and walking down the street. My friend is going to testify, and there is no reason the charges should stick. As far as the breathalyzer idk why i consented, I suppose it's because the officer assured me we would be in and out in twenty min. (and again, i was by no means drunk.) ..i did not expect to be held overnight with no reasoning. as far as my LTCF being revoked for a pubic drunkenness citation, I doubt it will come to that.

(Wayne County)

Your carrying that intoxicated. I hope they take your LTCF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jackmonster1 View Post
    we were on foot. not by any means visibly intoxicated. my friend and i were horsing around for a bit on our way to pick up a pizza. (after a long day at a rugby tournament). not fighting, and by the time TWO cop cars came up we were simply laughing and walking down the street. My friend is going to testify, and there is no reason the charges should stick. As far as the breathalyzer idk why i consented, I suppose it's because the officer assured me we would be in and out in twenty min. (and again, i was by no means drunk.) ..i did not expect to be held overnight with no reasoning. as far as my LTCF being revoked for a pubic drunkenness citation, I doubt it will come to that.
    There is a video around here somewhere...man...what was it called...I know it dealt with some thing like this... Don't Talk to Strangers...no that isn't it...Don't Touch the Police...No.....Hmm... Could it be: Don't Talk To The Police? Yeah, that's it!

PAFOA Thread with links to video, in case you really didn't know about it.

Lifetime NRA, SAF, and GOA Member | PAFOA, FOAC, and MSI Contributor

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDC View Post
    Wrong!?! There is no law in Pennsylvania supporting such and your personal moral beliefs are irrelevant here regarding drinking and carrying. Every adult is responsible for his/her actions, whether sober or high as a kite.

Here is a flashback for educational purposes:

Not talking to the police also includes not voluntarily providing evidence to your own detriment. You two never should have talked to the police or voluntarily provided evidence (breatalyzer) that harmed you. I also hate to tell you, if you did not volunteer your breath to be analyzed they most likely were not able to force you to do so.

The Police have decided to keep your personal property because they can. I am not saying it is legal, but they are doing it. Many police departments here in America regard firearms as some kind of special personal property. In short, the police without a court order have seized your personal property and have deprived you of said property without due process of law. That is tyrannical and totalitarian behavior. However, we in America have been permitting this behavior and it will most assuredly get worse before it gets better.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Luzerne County)

Code:
    That intoxicated? yeah it was sooooo dumb to carry while walking at 230am through downtown wilkes-barre to get a pizza armed. .173 idk about you, but thats a little over twice the legal limit. Isn't the general rule of thumb .08 is like 2 drinks and hour? so i had what.. 4 or 5 in ONE hour. I was drinking with friends at a slow steady pace, and by no means did i consider myself anything more then slightly buzzed. Regardless, no law in PA HAS ANY LIMITATION ON THE AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL I CONSUME WHILE CARRYING. Not like i was walking around brandishing my handgun, I declared i was carrying a loaded firearm on my hip before he padded me down. The only mistakes i made was cooperating and taking the breathalyzer. I just wanted to go home.

JDC, Thanks for you very useful and informative contribution to my thread.

You blew a .173 and your friend blew a .175 and yet you claim you weren't drunk? Something sounds fishy with this story...
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Wrong!?! There is no law in Pennsylvania supporting such and your personal moral beliefs are irrelevant here regarding drinking and carrying. Every adult is responsible for his/her actions, whether sober or high as a kite.

Here is a flashback for educational purposes:

Not talking to the police also includes not voluntarily providing evidence to your own detriment. You two never should have talked to the police or voluntarily provided evidence (breatalyzer) that harmed you. I also hate to tell you, if you did not volunteer your breath to be analyzed they most likely were not able to force you to do so.

The Police have decided to keep your personal property because they can. I am not saying it is legal, but they are doing it. Many police departments here in America regard firearms as some kind of special personal property. In short, the police without a court order have seized your personal property and have deprived you of said property without due process of law. That is tyrannical and totalitarian behavior. However, we in America have been permitting this behavior and it will most assuredly get worse before it gets better.
    No sir, I disagree with you! His beliefs are relavant and I happen to share them. While there may be no specific law ( I don't know) you can certainly say that if a person is intoxicated and is operating a car, carrying a firearm or walking down a busy street is a danger to themselves or others. I am not speaking specifically to OP.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast