Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default HK: So this is what they mean by "No compromise"

HK45C, stolen and ditched in a creek.

Where it remained submerged.

For 2 months.

After a thorough cleaning, it fired several magazines without malfunction.

Here's the thread, for anyone interested.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...s-river-3.html

(Mercer County)

Default Re: HK: So this is what they mean by "No compromise"

While that's certainly impressive, I feel that most other quality polymer guns would perform the same, for much, much less. Good post, it's good to be reminded every once in a while that these guns WILL in fact be alright even if they missed being cleaned after a 100 round range trip.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lackawanna County)

i agree with the above, good post! I would also think that any glock would be able to be left in the same spot and still fire without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    i agree with the above, good post! I would also think that any glock would be able to be left in the same spot and still fire without any problems.
    I don't think it's even Glocks. I'm sure there are plenty of guns out there that could do the same thing. Is it impressive? Absolutely. Unique to Glocks or HK? No way.

No compromise! Except when loading your mags. Hey I carry an HK everyday, so I can poke fun. :P

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    No compromise! Except when loading your mags. Hey I carry an HK everyday, so I can poke fun. :P

Nawwwwwww - thats gotta be photoshopped! If not, their ad exec needs to be sooooooo fired!

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    While that's certainly impressive, I feel that most other quality polymer guns would perform the same, for much, much less. Good post, it's good to be reminded every once in a while that these guns WILL in fact be alright even if they missed being cleaned after a 100 round range trip.
    After Katrina several HK's were recovered that also functioned even after being in the muck for months. While other guns "might" survive, it is par for the course that HK's with the HE (Hostile Environment) do survive.

Taken together with HK's supreme reliability and excellent accuracy, to me they are worth every dime- if you can afford them.

BTW: My full power carry piece is an HK P7.

Quote Originally Posted by prospero1919 View Post
    Nawwwwwww - thats gotta be photoshopped! If not, their ad exec needs to be sooooooo fired!
    It's not photoshopped. That pic is a cult classic among HK afficionados. We HK owners usually pose our HK's in a similar fashion when we take pix of them.

Here's mine.

PS: If you read the thread linked in the OP, there are several stories of Glocks that failed under similar circumstances. (HK's internal parts- even the springs- are apparently coated by HK's HE finish, most other companies don't finish the internal springs- so they go bad very quickly when submerged).
    Last edited by Valorius; July 28th, 2011 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    HK45C, stolen and ditched in a creek.

Where it remained submerged.

For 2 months.

After a thorough cleaning, it fired several magazines without malfunction.

Here's the thread, for anyone interested.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...s-river-3.html

456 - Good post but... There is a Youtube of a Glock buried in the mud for 5 years then pulled out and cleaned. It ran through 500 rounds like it was nothing. So two months is nothing for a real tapperware gun. Not saying that the HK is not a hell of a gun it is but its not the only gun that can pull that off.

(Lackawanna County)

There maybe be "stories" of glocks failing in your post but there are THOUSANDS of videos on YouTube of extreme glock torture test that say otherwise. Drops from planes,buried in extreme conditions for extended amounts of time! Not knocking HK at all though! They are supreme firearms....just not sure if I would say they are superior to a glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    456 - Good post but... There is a Youtube of a Glock buried in the mud for 5 years then pulled out and cleaned. It ran through 500 rounds like it was nothing. So two months is nothing for a real tapperware gun. Not saying that the HK is not a hell of a gun it is but its not the only gun that can pull that off.
    Just for the record, getting buried in mud is not anything near the same thing as being submerged in water for several months.

Most brands of firearms internal springs are not coated with any sort of an HE finish that i am aware of. In guns with uncoated internals, those springs will rust out pretty quickly.

There was a poster on here the other day talking about his glock jamming up because of dirt in the mag. If it'll jam up from a dirty mag, i don't see it lasting for 5 years buried in the mud, or 2 months buried in the water, but a dirt jammed mag could happen to any gun i suppose.

PS: This thread is about HK's, not Glocks. Please don't hijack....before one of you shoots yourself.
    Last edited by Valorius; July 26th, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast