Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Any good encounters coming out of Philadelphia?

Many of the posts on this forum regard the interactions of OC folks and local law enforcement. Some have been good and some not so good. One thing that I noticed is that ALL the posts I have found about Philadelphia are frightening beyond belief.

My questions are -

1. Are there any good encounters in Philadelphia that are just not be reported here? Isn't there a single encounter that doesn't end up with abusive and ignorant LEO? Not a single "Have a nice day and be safe"?

2. If indeed there is not a single such encounter, not a case of any Phila. cop knowing the law or or being respectful to citizens, why is it not being reported in places other then this forum?
    Is it that there are too few people OC to really matter?

I mean it is almost national news when skate boarders are harassed by the police in Love Park and they made a friggin TV show about the Philadelphia Parking Authority abuses!

With the relatively pro gun, anti philly State gov't we have now and no lack of lawyers looking for an easy case (and it does sound like these cases are as straight forward as they get) I would think Philly would be jumped on all the time over this abuse.

Just wondering....

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Any good encounters coming out of Philadelphia?

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post

1. Are there any good encounters in Philadelphia that are just not be reported here? Isn't there a single encounter that doesn't end up with abusive and ignorant LEO? Not a single "Have a nice day and be safe"?
    lol 13 hours and not a single response. I guess theres your answer.

(Northampton County)

Many of the posts on this forum regard the interactions of OC folks and local law enforcement. Some have been good and some not so good. One thing that I noticed is that ALL the posts I have found about Philadelphia are frightening beyond belief.

My questions are -

Maybe, but we might not hear about it. Those that have these encounters might not be on this forum, or it might be something that isn't necessarily important to post.

2. If indeed there is not a single such encounter, not a case of any Phila. cop knowing the law or or being respectful to citizens, why is it not being reported in places other then this forum?

I mean it is almost national news when skate boarders are harassed by the police in Love Park and they made a friggin TV show about the Philadelphia Parking Authority abuses!

Again, we consist of a small demographic. There would have to be hundreds, if not thousands, of OCers for anyone to take any amount of notice. LOTS more people drive in Philly than legally own and carry guns. So far I know of 2 encounters, and there's probably perhaps a handful more of them in recent history. It's not like they're breaking down doors to confiscate weapons (yet) so the general public is unconcerned and unaware.

With the relatively pro gun, anti philly State gov't we have now and no lack of lawyers looking for an easy case (and it does sound like these cases are as straight forward as they get) I would think Philly would be jumped on all the time over this abuse.

Just wondering....
    My responses in bold.

(Delaware County)

Not a single one that I can see. Everything is negative....all of mine have been awful, the End the Fed cops were like fucking Nazis, the Philadelphia Police continue to fail to train their officers, and they generally behave like schoolyard bullies with the power of the State behind them.
    Junior

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    lol 13 hours and not a single response. I guess theres your answer.
    I guess that is indeed the answer...

Wow. Amazing but not surprising.

(Elk County)

In Post-911 America, the Rule of Law no longer applies both ways. It's what the LE community can get away with in the name of "public safety" and "homeland security."

I'm not condemning all individual LEOs. I'm condemning policymakers.

Sorta like why I'm not in favor of organized religiions -- too many "man's rules" and not enough Bible. I was raised Catholic in the 60s, before it was OK to eat meat on Friday. With Vatican II, it was suddenly OK to eat a hamburger on a non-Lenten Friday, where the year before it would be a sin. C'mon.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

My questions are -

Just wondering....
    I suspect it's the part in bold.

In all my 40+ years, i've never seen anyone OC a gun in Philly. Off duty cops don't even OC in Philly.

The reason that the PPD treats people like they do for OC is because the directive they were issued instructs them to treat OC citizens as possible VUFA violators.
    Last edited by Valorius; July 26th, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

(Lebanon County)

I have a lot of non encounters, with a disproportionate number being in the Castor and Aramingo area. The cops see me, but they never approach or say anything.

My negatives in Philly were all a few years ago. First with an imposter at Frankford Arsenal and then an argument with an officer in the 15th district building while trying to report the imposter. The real officer never did get around to arresting me despite many threats.

I also had a phone conversation with Captain Bachmayer(sp?) at that time in which he assured me that any and all OCers would be arrested. Since then I've been in Philly many times and spent an entire week there around the time of my wedding in 2009. I got gas at the Hess across from the 15th district building about 5 times that week as it was halfway between my inlaws and the hotel where my family was staying. I still have not been arrested.

All of that was well before Mark rattled their cage
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

The PPD behaves exactly as Commissioner Ramsey wants it to behave. He's still trying to enforce the laws from his past lives in Chicago and DC.

The last good thing to come out of Philadelphia had Ben Franklin's name on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast