Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Brass Nazi at range off 74

Used to be an old guy at the range in French Creek. If you were shooting a semi-auto rifle , he would take yer brass as soon as it hit the ground whether you wanted it or not. Argued that the rangers said he could have all the brass on the ground.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(York County)

For the last three years that I've been shooting at that range, this woman has been there everytime with her daughter pestering people for their brass. And when I politely tell her that I'm keeping my spent shells that I paid for, she reacts like you just insulted her mother, and is very disgruntled. Personally, I could give a rats ass how she feels but, I feel as though she could be doing something more productive with her daughter like teaching her how to cook, plant a garden, or anything besides acting like a damn vulture picking up scrap. This woman needs a serious reality check!

(York County)

i've had many an encounter with them..(cause there are three that i've seen)...shye damn near is trying to catch them as they are exiting my firearm....i tell them all the time in a rude manner that i collect my brass, i don't even let them get 20ft from me before i'm making it clear...i don't even do anything with my brass i just don't want them to have it.....

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    So you suggest just to give up and move on? I dissagree, that will not stop them from doing it to someone else. I suggest taking a video cammera to the range and recording her actions. You will have to let her know what you are doing but if she continues to cause problems and steal brass you will have the proof.
    I think people should stand up for the little problems in life. It is good practice for when you really have a fight on your hands.
    I may be wrong but i don't think you have to let them know they are being recorded since it is a public range....and from my understanding that in a public setting you don't have to inform cause any one could walk by and over hear the conversion... correct me if i'm wrong ...

(York County)

I drove out the range on 74 last thursday and as soon as i got there it started to snow. I decided to stay anyway and I could not help but to laugh out load when some lady and a young girl started picking up brass off the ground. I read this thread and I did not think it was for real. She was polite to me. She asked me if I collected my brass. I told her I did and she did not bother me again. She did however ask everyone that was there if she could have the brass and proceeded to fill up a bucket. She was not picking up rimfire brass so i assume she is reloading.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by avw410 View Post
    I drove out the range on 74 last thursday and as soon as i got there it started to snow. I decided to stay anyway and I could not help but to laugh out load when some lady and a young girl started picking up brass off the ground. I read this thread and I did not think it was for real. She was polite to me. She asked me if I collected my brass. I told her I did and she did not bother me again. She did however ask everyone that was there if she could have the brass and proceeded to fill up a bucket. She was not picking up rimfire brass so i assume she is reloading.
    Shes not reloading. Shes selling it.
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Have any of you asked her if she would sell brass to YOU???

Seems like a source, if the price were in line. Heck, just for the satisfaction of sorting this thread out, I might just drive over there and ask her, myself.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(York County)

Does anyone know if these folks have (or are required to have) 'PGC Permits' to 'use' the range???

(York County)

I happen to know the individual and have never had a problem with her or her daughter. They have alway been polite and I have heard them ask if the brass was going to be picked up or thrown away and if it was going to be tossed, she asked if she could have it. I have NEVER heard a single complaint and I go to that range alot. In fact, I have taken her brass from other ranges that I pick up if I am not gonna use it.

Everybody has a bad day now and then, if this occurred, maybe it was one of those days. And you only need a permit or hunting license, if you are going to actually use the range to shoot.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sincitynut View Post
    I happen to know the individual and have never had a problem with her or her daughter. They have alway been polite and I have heard them ask if the brass was going to be picked up or thrown away and if it was going to be tossed, she asked if she could have it. I have NEVER heard a single complaint and I go to that range alot. In fact, I have taken her brass from other ranges that I pick up if I am not gonna use it.

Everybody has a bad day now and then, if this occurred, maybe it was one of those days. And you only need a permit or hunting license, if you are going to actually use the range to shoot.
    Agree. When we used to go we used to let her have the brass(if we were shooting anything that was brass) as we don't reload and range rules were you're supposed to police your brass. Even though there are hundreds of shells everywhere. And I couldn't tell you where my brass flew when shooting.

She was always polite to us, asking if we kept our brass. But then again we always told her she could have it.

I'd be more concerned of the "Hey it's a 3 shot maximum" buzzard who aren't there shooting just watching, while guys with .22's are hogging the short range firing 20 rounds at a time at that range getting upset because you ask if the range is cold to get a target down rather then her picking up my brass after I leave. Not to mention I'm pretty sure crap gets lifted there if you're not watching it closely and walk away for a second.

There's always signing up for a year membership at the local private gun club if she bothers you that much. A friend of mine has since joined the local club and loves that no one's usually there and no one usually hassels him about anything.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast