Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Brass Nazi at range off 74

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardAssist View Post
    Does she look like someone who is just getting by? In other words, is it possible she's relying on the income source to survive?

I'm just curious that's all.
    They do it for suplimental income. They're not dirt poor, but they can use the couple of extra bucks they get for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    She's stealing it. It isn't hers to take. Even after it's ejected from a firearm, the brass is still owned by the owner. If the owner of the brass wants you to have it, and she takes it, she is stealing it. Plain and simple.
    Yep. It's not her's till the shooter packs up and leaves.

I collect the brass at my club, along with a couple of other guys. I stay well clear of people till I know their packing up. At that time I might inquire if they plan on leaving the brass and if so I tell them to leave it where it is, I'll sweep up behind them. I always get a smile since they now don't have to clean up, it's being done for them. I've made a few friends that way who will let me know the brass is mine if we happen to be there at the same time. If other pickers are there we share the bounty, no need getting hostile over a little brass. I also save the oddball stuff for guys I know reload such ammo.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(York County)

She's a leach... I dont feel she should be there unless she shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by FogleDW View Post
    She's a leach... I dont feel she should be there unless she shooting...
    Yeah, the shame of it is that if she just hung back away from the line and didn't interfer in any way till it obvious a bench is leaving she'd do a lot better. People prefer a respectful approach and a pleasant acknowledgement if they say they want to keep their brass. Since she seems to be a fixture at this range she'd get a lot more brass if she'd be sweet rather than sour.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Allegheny County)

very simple next time you see her turn around bend over and tell her to
    kiss my brass
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

(York County)

Even know it probably wouldn't help. Who would you contact to file a complaint?
    Since you need a range permit or hunting license. That has to be bought. You would think that the people the money is going to might try to help the situation.

I havent been to that range in along time, but every time I was there. There was always a game nazi. Making sure you only had 3 rnds in your rifle at a time. Its weird that they cant or wont do something about this.
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finch00 View Post
    there is a guy like that at SGL 43 too i told him twice i was keeping my HXP brass but he could have the 9mm and asked for the one he just snatched up

he gave them back but come on its not that hard to tell the difference

also i saw his son duck below the bench and go past the firing line to get brass heck i barley feel safe on the firing line
    i have ran into him also and he is a asshole and a thief, he will hang back at the all clear, that he usually calls and steal any brass that is anywhere. he tried grabbing a cup full of .44 mag of my bench when i went to tape targets, lucky my buddy was getting stuff out of car an caught him. he is the reason i joined a local private range.

(Adams County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Gosh, they sound like good people. It would be a shame if an accidential discharge blew their windshield out

^lolinfraction
    -Ben

(York County)

I work nights, so I am at the range at "odd" hours (normal work hours).

She's there every. single. time.

If she's not there when I show up, she's there before I leave, lurking around, standing behind you when you're shooting, generally being a pain in the ass.

And they're not doing too bad, between her and the young girl (her daughter? scrounger in training? no idea...) they have two I-phones, and the car they show up in is no slouch. Looks to be nearly new, and it's no hundai.

I had two run-ins with her, once when she tried to go past the bench for brass and I informed her that the range was only cold until I reloaded. I think it surprised her how fast you can reload a revolver.

Again on a different day when she was trying to pick brass around me while I was shooting. She was informed, not in the most polite manner, that not only do I take offense to people moving around me when I'm shooting, but if any of that brass said 45 acp on the back, I'd have her arrested.

I hope there's something that can be done about her, and the others like her.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast