Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Brass Nazi at range off 74

I assume this is a public range run by the State, is that correct? Your solution may be to join a private club. A private club would not allow a person like that to be a member and if they went on the property you could get them for trespass. You might check the NRA site for clubs in your area or inquire right on this forum.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Might be time to invest in a brass catcher.
    LMAO! That'll piss her off!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    I assume this is a public range run by the State, is that correct? Your solution may be to join a private club. A private club would not allow a person like that to be a member and if they went on the property you could get them for trespass. You might check the NRA site for clubs in your area or inquire right on this forum.
    So you suggest just to give up and move on? I dissagree, that will not stop them from doing it to someone else. I suggest taking a video cammera to the range and recording her actions. You will have to let her know what you are doing but if she continues to cause problems and steal brass you will have the proof.
    I think people should stand up for the little problems in life. It is good practice for when you really have a fight on your hands.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

You could have just picked up her bucket dumped it in your car and thanked her for picking up YOUR brass for you when you left...

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(York County)

Never had a problem like that. I'd be pissed if someone took my brass. Got a few I seeing how many times I can reload before they wear out.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    So you suggest just to give up and move on? I dissagree, that will not stop them from doing it to someone else. I suggest taking a video cammera to the range and recording her actions. You will have to let her know what you are doing but if she continues to cause problems and steal brass you will have the proof.
    I think people should stand up for the little problems in life. It is good practice for when you really have a fight on your hands.
    I direct your attention to an earlier post where I mentioned pictures and a petition. And this might be the way to go, but sometimes you have to pick your fights and be sure if legal actions follows you are on the right side and can demonstrate you were on the right side.

Also there are other reasons I don't like public ranges. But then I am fortunate to live in area where many private clubs are available at reasonable dues.

But if you decide to proceed against this person, I suggest you have a plan and don't act alone. Have witnesses, because if something bad happens, remember guns are around, you can be sure the other side will make up a story and it will be the classic, he did, she did, etc.

And why do you think you have to let her know you are filming her or get her permission? You are in a public place. But if this person is nutjob be prepared for violent, hostile reaction and perhaps her filing complaint against you. Not for filming but for threats, physical touching something of that nature, however untrue.

I like your spirit and truly wish you well, but be aware of how things can go downhill. Good luck.

(Susquehanna County)

I think I would do 2 things. Wait around till she shoots (if she does) and grab her brass, (THAT'S BRASS boys!) and #2 let her police my brass and then hand her a bill for $100 for the range brass I just sold her. Don't worry if she's crazy. Dude! you got a gun!!
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...

Make note of EXACTLY what kind of bucket she uses. Next time, bring one just like ti, with an inch or two of brass on the bottom. Write your name on the bottom of the bucket, and a few places on the sides where she wouldn't notice. When she's not looking, swap buckets. Wait for her to fill your bucket. Then walk up and say "thank you for the brass", grab your bucket and leave.

This plan is not without risks.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by FogleDW View Post
    Has anyone seen this pain in the ass.... She was bitching cause i was picking up brass that wasn't mine and after two other guys told her they we're giving me their brass she would run over and pick it up quick, I was standing behind my friend as he shot and someone else fired and his brass landed at my feet and just bend down and picked it up and she dropped the F bomb and was flipping... She and her husband were there, last time it was her and some young girl, their there ever time I go up. They pester people and from what the game ward said he gets a lot of complaints about her but he cant do anything till people call in and say something to the reginal boss..
    When she bends over to pick it up, play prison soap with her..that should straighten her out...lol
    The answer to a fool is silence.

(York County)

This is why I bought a place where I now have my own private range. Even some of the people I've invited here have done some pretty stupid/crazy things. (they don't get a return invitation though)

BTW: I used to belong do Delta-Peachbottom Fish and Game myself. They had more than their share of range issues there. People did some very crazy stuff on the range and I'd frequently spend 15 minutes of each range visit just cleaning up the mess I'd find when I went shooting there. After I got my farm and built my own range I let my dues expire (about five years ago) and haven't been back since. Maybe they've finally gotten serious about locking the gate to keep out nonmembers and cracked down on the abuse of the range that used to be such a problem.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; August 1st, 2011 at 08:52 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast