Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Unhappy Beware of East Berlin Fish & Game Club Membership

Beware of sending new membership application money to East Berlin Fish and Game club. Back in Feb. they had they're "gun show" and I picked up a membership application. At the begining of March I sent in the application along with a check. I heard nothing from them. They're website was down, there was no contact info so I could not contact them. After months their website came back online. I sent them an email inquiring about my application and got no response. Now this month, 4 months later my bank statement says they cashed my check. So I sent another email inquiring about membership and my cashed check. I still haven't received a response. I went there shooting at their range last month with a friend who has a membership on the day(4th Sunday of month) they're calendar stated they have orientation for new members. No one was there but us. I give up on this club and advise other people interested to beware. Very disappointed.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Beware of East Berlin Fish & Game Club Membership

What happened when you contacted PRESIDENT- TIM ADAMS(301) 509-3671 with your concerns?

Email is just another way for people to ignore concerns. Phone calls are much more bettery.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

None of the officers of the club had phone numbers listed on their website. So a call other then to the unanswered listed club number wasn't an option.
    I've given up on this club and have moved on. I just wanted others to know what kind of club this is.

(Lebanon County)

Could be an honest mistake. Go to the next club meeting, I'm sure they will make it right. If it's like most clubs, there are a few hundred or more members, and 5 or 6 people do all the work. Summer is a busy time, things can get overlooked. Personally, I wouldn't have stewed over it for so long. Meetings are face to face. That's where you'll get results. I just looked at their website. 3D Archery shoots are canceled until they find a member to run them. As I expected, not enough people want to help out.
    Last edited by nijwnfi; July 23rd, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

(York County)

I haven't "stewed over it so long" I had no choice but to wait as I could not contact them. As I said they're web site was down for months and no contact info or calendar as to when club meetings were. Their web site says no one is in charge of membership screening. I was unable to attend meetings also due to the shift I was working until recently. There are other clubs that are closer, so I will not pursue this one. Thanks to all for the suggestions anyway.