Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guntraders

(Berks County)

Default Guntraders

I stopped in there yesterday after a disappointing trip to Cabelas. He's got Pmc Bronze M193 for $6.50/box of 20, Magtech .223 for $18.50/box of 50. Much better than Cabelas. Also picked up a Polish M44 for $95,with ammo was$118OTD.

He's got a lot of nice weapons,C&R and modern,saw a CETME on the wall for $695 and a PTR-91 for $1200 I believe. I was in a hurry and had to go pick up a handgun I'd agreed to buy,but I'll be back.

When my wife lets me have my C/C back that is.

Guntraders,looks like a worthwhile place to spend some money- on Rt.61 North of Reading.
    Last edited by snuffy19608; January 8th, 2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Guntraders

Do you happen to know where N of Reading on 61? I travel that way fairly often and don't remeber seeing Guntraders.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

The address is 3201 Pottsville Pike,it's about a block South of the Rt.61 diner on the Northbound side of Rt.61,in a little strip mall. There's a place to the left called pizzalicious or something like that. The phone number is 610-929-9339.

(Berks County)

Thx snuff!
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

I got a good deal on a Taurus 24/7 in .45 cal from them.

They just got finished cleaning it up while I was browsing around. They were also cool enough to hang onto it for me while I ran home and got my checkbook ^^

Overall, it's a good place I think. They used to be located behind Redwing Shoes next to a Video Game store my uncle used to own.

I'll definently go there again for ammo and used gear.

(Berks County)

I went and picked up the PTR91 that snuffy talked about last night. The gun is a new and I got a good deal on it. I highly recommend this shop. There inventory is constantly changing so ask and he just might have it. Bill told me he has almost 150 guns in the back that havn't even been cleaned up yet. I even ran into one of my customers there picking up a shotty for himself. Great place to do business!

The Capn'

(Berks County)

You... bought....the...PTR-91?? AARRGGHH!! I was saving up for that one! At the rate I was going, another year/year and a half tops, it would have been mine!!

J/K, enjoy it. I'm still grounded anyway after the M44. Sigh....

(Berks County)

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I wanted to add a review to Guntraders since it was this thread that sent me there. I stopped in today to check the place out and see what he had. I fell in love with a .40 caliber Taurus Millenium pro he had, and after a quick run to transfer funds to checking I went back to buy it.

Sadly, after all the paperwork was filled out, checks done, etc, the transfer wasn't showing on my bankcard yet, so it was getting rejected. He offered to hold the gun for me till monday to give the transfer time to go through, but luckily I was able to hit the mac and get the money. The taurus, 2 boxes of ammo (one for practice shooting and one for self defense), taxes, transfer, etc my total cost was $400.37.

For anyone thinking about stopping in, I highly recommend it. Knowledgeable, friendly, good selection, clean store, and a definite "hometown" shop feel.

(Berks County)

Something to add... I stop in there at least twice a week since it's about 2 minutes from my house so I offer this... It's a great place to go if you're looking for used guns and obscure finds. It's not a great place to go if you're looking for factory-new guns of any kind. I believe he has a relationship with the major national suppliers, so if you want to buy new, he can order, but it won't be a steal. You'll do best going there and just browsing for good used guns.

(Berks County)

Ill add my vote to this being a very nice shop. I purchased my Kel-tec there, and had a good experience, and try to stop in to browse at least once a month. The two guys that are there are freindly and very knowledgable, although slightly opinionated, but oh well, thats PA-Dutch. Prices are excellent on both guns and ammo, though ammo and pistol selection is a little limited. Mostly used pistols, and discount ammo. New name brand ammo is limited to 2 or 3 boxes per, but they carry enough selection in each caliber. I beleive they have a 30-day layaway plan, will stand behind any refurbished firearms they sell, and are very quick on the paperwork. Cant say firsthand on their smithing, but the guy who does it seems knowledgable as hell, and will always take a minute to answer questions.

If anyones stopping in for a purchase, please buy those two Glock 26s he has. Theyre killing my anti-Block willpower everytime I go in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast