Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default Williamsport PA Shooting spree 1/4/2008

It was a wild night in the city of Williamsport.

There were four shootings in the city Friday night. One person was killed and several others were hurt.

The first incident was at 10:35 p.m. near the intersection of Adams and Mary Streets. The next was 13 minutes later at McNamee's Irish Cafe at Franklin and Hughes. Just one minute later there was another shooting at the Uni Mart Store at High Street and Sixth Avenue. Just before 11 p.m., a man walked into a hospital emergency room saying he'd been shot near the intersection of Memorial and Third Avenues.

Police said each shooting incident had at least one victim, some had multiple victims. One person died and another was flown to Geisinger Medical Center near Danville. The other victims are being treated at Susquehanna Health Systems in Williamsport.

Officials have identified the man killed as Randy Speck, 49, of Williamsport. Investigators said he died after being shot during the incident at McNamee's Irish Cafe.

Police are still checking to see if there's a connection between all those Friday night shootings.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Williamsport PA Shooting spree 1/4/2008

Shots Fired in Williamsport 1/7/2008 3 days later

Police converged on the scene of a reported shooting on Memorial Avenue at Walnut Street Monday afternoon.

Police rushed to Walnut Street in Williamsport where shots were fired just before 2 p.m.

No one is reported injured but police said the shots were fired in an alley near the intersection of Walnut Street and Memorial Avenue. That brought out dozens of police officers.

Shortly after their arrival officers had arrested one man. They believe he may be one of the triggermen involved.

After scouring the neighborhood police received information about another possible gunman hiding out in a home along Cherry Street.

Dozens of officers, more than 60, blocked off every street and alley in a two-block area.

One by one, residents inside the home on Cherry Street were brought out of the house, arms raised high in the air.

After a K-9 officer swept through the house, police said they searched and arrested a second man.

There is no word if he is related to the afternoon shooting on Walnut Street.

Williamsport police don't believe anyone was struck by that afternoon gunfire on Walnut Street.

Some people who live in the area said they are on edge now since this latest incidents comes so soon after a shooting spree in the city Friday night that resulted in the death of one man.

(Lycoming County)

We were at Wegmans the first and my buddies wife was 1 block away from the 2nd. Also i heard the first was to get in the "Gang" he had to shoot so many people. Damn influx ruining our area.
    Last edited by JLR666; January 9th, 2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: more "info"

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLR666 View Post
    We were at Wegmans the first and my buddies wife was 1 block away from the 2nd. Also i heard the first was to get in the "Gang" he had to shoot so many people. Damn influx ruining our area.
    So I take it you are originally from Williamsport as well?

(Lycoming County)

From Muncy, I really hate going to Williamsport. I saw this kinda shit coming a mile away, thanks to that woman ( we won't say her name).

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLR666 View Post
    From Muncy, I really hate going to Williamsport. I saw this kinda shit coming a mile away, thanks to that woman ( we won't say her name).

haha...yup, I know what you mean. I work on Reach Road and just get on the highway and head out of town. I don't go near downtown if I can help it.

But there is another thread around here....Ah, here it is. I mentioned the particular woman's name that you are referring to.

I grew up in Linden, BTW and graduated from JS in 2000.

(Luzerne County)

it seems like every other day theres a sooting there

(Lycoming County)

We have a scanner and listen when it makes all the crazy sounds, there preety much is a shooting everyday. However it is only reported in the news paper if somebody or something important gets hit. it's getting bad, too bad the cops don't do anything about it. I worked at wal-mart a couple of years ago and i could show you every dope dealer in the city(just knew by looks, and the 5 cell phones they wore on their belts etc.), but the cops can't figure out who to watch...fucking stupid!!!