Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remington 870 stocks

I've just bought a remington 870..not even here yet but enroute to gunrunners (Its sitting in New Stanton, I can almost taste the metal!!) Anyways it was a super deal but I do not like the side folding stock that it comes with, and am looking to replace it. Its primarily for home defense, but wouldn't mind killing some clays with it from time to time. I've been thinking about a speed feed style stock. I'm looking for brands or alternative imput from those with experience.

Thanks,
    axmdr40
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Remington 870 stocks

What model of 870 did you get? I am looking for one too, but a 26" barrel, wood stock version in 12 ga.

I shot some clays for the first time new years day morning, and it was a lot of fun!!! I used a friends' Mossy 500.

Ya know, you gotta post pics when you get it!!!

Is this the one you are looking for?? http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/95569

Got this one off Bud's, haven't got it in yet, but soon...I just hate that stock with a passion, but it was such a good deal.
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/95059
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

(Allegheny County)

Yep. That's the one I am looking for. I got a bunch of Dicks gift cards for Xmas, and am going to keep my eyes open for their next sale. Also gotta pass it through the finance committee. My plan is to use that for clays and get a 18" barrel for home protection. It will mostly stay with the shorter barrel, but when I go SKEET shooting, I have the longer barrel. I am not trying to compete, just bust up some clays and have fun.

That folding stock on the one you picked up looks... ahh interesting. Hope you like it. Are you bringin' it to the shoot on sunday if you get it in time?

Quote Originally Posted by stevieb92 View Post
    Yep. That's the one I am looking for. I got a bunch of Dicks gift cards for Xmas, and am going to keep my eyes open for their next sale. Also gotta pass it through the finance committee. My plan is to use that for clays and get a 18" barrel for home protection. It will mostly stay with the shorter barrel, but when I go SKEET shooting, I have the longer barrel. I am not trying to compete, just bust up some clays and have fun.

That folding stock on the one you picked up looks... ahh interesting. Hope you like it. Are you bringin' it to the shoot on sunday if you get it in time?
    The stock is hideous, thats why I started the thread, because I'm going to put a new stock on it. If I have it by the shoot I'll bring it most definately.

(Allegheny County)

I've used both speed feed and for about 20 minutes a Knox stock. Speed feed never left me down.
    No signature required.

(Philadelphia County)

whatever stock you get, a shorter LOP is preferable. I know a lot of people who are fans of the Hogue buttstock with a 12" LOP. Much more comfortable to shoulder.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    whatever stock you get, a shorter LOP is preferable. I know a lot of people who are fans of the Hogue buttstock with a 12" LOP. Much more comfortable to shoulder.
    Yes on the short LOP.

Wilson's (scattergun) also sells a short LOP stock.

(York County)

Im looking for an over/under for some skeet shooting. do people skeet shoot with pumps often? I mean when the doubles fly out is it hard to get them both when your using a pump? I really like the 870 synthetic ... black models but thought it was better to use a over/under? or so Ive been told ..... I shot skeet for my first time last weekend and it seemed everyone there was using over/unders .... but I sure do like that 870 ... Im just worried if it would work ok for skeet

(Beaver County)

one word:

KNOXX

'nuff said...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast