Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Any exerience with carry at Delgrosso's Amusement Park?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I need to go up north and am trying to decide which route to take and thereby, which small amusement park we might stop at and maybe even spend a night nearby.

I have been to Knoebel's before (and loved it) but its looking like my need to go to Scranton is declining, and DelGrosso's is right along an interstate that would serve me well.

On their website they mention they reserve the right to use metal detectors. Well first of all, if it is that kind of place, I can go to King's Dominion down here in Virginia, but I would rather avoid the type of thuggery that generally brings the regular use of metal detectors.

What kind of place is it, and exactly how much out of their way do they go to enforce an anti policy?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered answered elsewhere; but I searched PA Firearms Forum Only and kept coming up with images of spaghetti sauce (?)

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Any exerience with carry at Delgrosso's Amusement Park?

I have never even seen anyone resembling security there and unless they changed something very recently there definitely isn't any metal detectors. I haven't been there yet this year though, so maybe someone else will speak up that may have. It's a nice small family oriented amusement park, I've been going there since I was a little kid. I know my buddy just took his 1.5 yr old daughter there last week and had a great time. The go-karts and water park are great, good food, and you don't have to worry about any thuggery.

(Butler County)

DelGrossos is very family-friendly. You may see the occasional security guard milling around. Having been there recently, I did not see any metal detectors nor did I see any signs forbidding weapons (though their web site does have a ban posted). It's a cute little park, especially if you have small children.

(Adams County)

I was there a couple weeks ago. I carried concealed, no big deal. I'm not sure how they would set up metal detectors, because it's all open. You can walk in for free. Its not like Hershey Park.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Washington County)

I didn't do the section of the park with the rides and all that but I was there a few weeks ago CC at the section with the mini golf with the gf. No problems what so ever, they did occasionally have workers walk through to make sure people weren't screwing around. It was a good time and for $3.75 each for 18 holes is pretty cheap at a nicer place like that.

(Adams County)

I was there just a few days ago for the native american festival, no metal detectors, no random strip searches, and I didn't see a single "no firearm" sign.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Blair County)

Ive never seen security or any signage. I will say if your expecting something like Kings Dominion youll be dissapointed. This park would be the best if your kids are under 8. Not much beyond that except mini golf.

Thanks to all. Sounds like what I expected before I read about their no gun policy and them mentioning metal detectors in their literature.

My kids are 8 and under so it sounds perfect. And they have done King's Dominion plenty, they have an all summer pass to that; but this will be more like a relaxing supplement to a trip made for other purposes (and a reward for good behavior ) I love small family amusement parks and it seems like PA has a ton of them. I actually would not mind relocating to PA so much (ok the winters would be hard compared to VA)
    Last edited by Skeptic; July 21st, 2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: grammar

(Adams County)

My grandparents live about 30 minutes from there. When I was a kid, it was still Bland's Park. I went at least once every summer. My favorite ride by far was always the Space Odysee. My kids hate it though. There is actually some history on that ride. It's one of only a few still operating and it's the only one that is completely covered. It's in what looks like the salt domes that Penndot keep the road salt in. It goes around in circles and there are 80s blacklight posters on the walls. When I was a kid they blasted 80 hair band music while you zipped around in curcles in complete darkness except for the occasional blacklight panther head on the wall. I believe it might actual have been the second legal high. (the first legal high is when you were a kid and spun around in a swivel chair until you couldn't stand up.)

I am a big guy. Another thing I was impressed with about Delgrosso's is that very few rides in the "adult" section have a size restriction. Most every ride at Hershey park says something like "Riders over 6ft may not be comfortable on this ride". Or "this ride has a weight limit of 250"
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President