Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Thumbs down sarco, new store in easton, waste of time

nice day, off from work, top down on the jeep so i decided to take a drive and go see the new store. armed with my list of parts i needed from the website. i was very, very disappointed! hardly any parts at all., i was there for mosin, FAL, cetme or any parts i think i could use. they had 0 parts for a mosin and 0 for a FAL. or anything else for that matter. i wind up with 2 bore brushes. their website has on it they are the one of the largest parts inventories. bullcrap! i started talking to the guy behind the counter, who seamed more interested to be playing with a computer than talking. he finally told me he has been trying to get parts from the NJ store for a few weeks, but they never ship anything. so the next logical question is, when will you be getting parts? his answer, who knows. what a freakin' waste of time and gas. this whole time, i was the only one in the place.
    oh well, live and learn.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: sarco, new store in easton, waste of time

That's typical of most new stores. It takes some time after opening to get the inventory in tuned with what customers want and are looking for.

(Cumberland County)

was going to grab dad and a friend to take a road trip to the new store. close to a 2 hour drive, hows the gun selection at the new store or is it a waste of time.

(Berks County)

I have had mixed service from Sarco over the years, mostly parts orders, a couple of screw-ups, but most were good.

I have no dog in this fight, but it DOES say on the website the Easton store is for gun sales and the Stirling NJ store is still handling all the parts. I have been to the Stirling store, a bit disorganized, very busy, but if you are willing to wait to get served and know what you want up front, you WILL get it.

my .02
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: sarco, new store in easton, waste of time

Ive been to Sarco in Sterling, Nj, as well as at they're new store in Easton, when i went today, i walked out with an RIA 1911 compact in 45 ACP, all 3 of the guys were friendly, and happy to answer any question i had. They get a thumbs up from me

(Lackawanna County)

Unrelated:

but theres a relatively new gun shop on N.Main ST. in West Scranton.
    Anybody ever check it out??

I drive by it all the time but theres never parking soo I dont bother...

West Side is getting bad though.....whats it they say you see on every corner of a bad neighborhood; gun store, liquer store, gun store, liquer store!

Idk anymore, West Siders!! LOL

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by moonclip View Post

West Side is getting bad though.....whats it they say you see on every corner of a bad neighborhood; gun store, liquor store, gun store, liquor store!

Idk anymore, West Siders!! LOL

Fixed it for ya.

West Siders probably get a kick out of how East Siders spell . . .

Noah, self-confessed Spelling and Grammar Nazi.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Northampton County)

Wink Re: sarco, new store in easton, waste of time

I've been to the Easton store twice. First time I had some questions. One guy was really helpful and the other guy seemed annoyed a bit but was still very helpful.

The second time, I was looking for a 1903a3 just to handle one to see if I wanted to pursue one. It was 25 minutes before closing and the guy spent the entire time answering questions and enthusiastically explaining the smallest details about the weapon to me. I will deffinatley return when it comes time to purchase.

P.S. They are carry friendly.

(Lehigh County)

i won't condem anyone on first impressions. after reading the feedback, i will go back and look around, maybe by now they have a few more parts. i am wondering, if i order a parts kit, say like a 1919a4, that they have, can they send it to the new store so i can pick it up and save on shipping?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    i won't condem anyone on first impressions. after reading the feedback, i will go back and look around, maybe by now they have a few more parts. i am wondering, if i order a parts kit, say like a 1919a4, that they have, can they send it to the new store so i can pick it up and save on shipping?
    All I can say is give them a call....if not, the Stirling store is only 1/2 hour inside NJ right off of 78, pretty easy to get to and $1 for the toll to get back in PA. Then you may even be able to look at a few kits and choos the best of them.

Are you planning on building a 1919? Curious...I have one.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast