Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Somerset County)

Default Citi Merchant Services are refusing to process for CDNN

Found this over on THR:

From the National Shooting Sports Federation (NSSF) "Bullet Points" 7 JAN 2008:

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).
    They claim that they cannot monitor transactions, but somehow know that there was a violation of the Gun Control Act.
    Link to full story and copy of letter from Citi to CDNN Sports, Inc.http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Citi Merchant Services are refusing to process for CDNN

If i was as fucked as citibank is financially after the housing market debacle, I wouldn't be doing anything to risk a boycott right about now. Citibank is actually so low on liquid assets right now they're actually restricting wire transfers and ATM withdraws in some locations.

I canceled my Citibank AmEx a couple months ago and got a Chase Freedom card. Much better cash rewards. If it turns out that this isn't some mistake, I'd encourage all of you to do the same.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Citi Merchant Services are refusing to process for CDNN

I wonder if this is true... That would destroy your ability to use your card at Walmart, Dicks, etc. Any place that has guns. I dont think they would do this that would be plain stupid. But if so as soon as i pay off my card i would switch and ill give them the exact reason why I'm changing.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin