Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: State Game Land Ranges

its still the best deal around even if it involves SLG 43

print it right off the internet come as much as you want with 1 guest.

I have a hunting license so its really a non-issue for me but it has tamed old 43 a bit

(Schuylkill County)

Me and my son used the range at Hawk Mountain in Berks county right before the fees went in effect. They moved the pistol target out to 50 yards and don't even think about shooting closer. The local deputy pulled up and wrote a ticket for the way 1 guy was parked. Then started policing brass around the benches other shooters where using. Also making sure no 1 had more than 3 shots in a mag. And All around being a pain in the ___. Till he had emptied the range and mostly all the shooters wer'e packing up. The fee or having a hunting lic. isn't an issue as I have bought a lic every year since 1980. My issue is that I really enjoy my time on the range as me , my wife and son all shoot monthly and who needs the BS with the warden wandering around behind you while your shooting. Waiting for you to make some infraction of a new range rule they did'nt bother to post. I have been using that range since the early 80's but after that episode we will shoot at Lenhartsville and the PGC can keep their hallowed ground.

(Philadelphia County)

yep that dude is a tool i wanna know what that material they use to mout your targets on is

I wish the rifle magazine round capacity wasn’t so restrictive. I like to shoot high power service rifle competition. Part of which you shoot ten rounds in 60/70 seconds sitting/prone position. You can no longer practice high power on a game lands range. And if you think about it, you can’t even practice NRA high power hunting/sporting rifle competition where four rounds rapid fire is required because the range restriction is three. I still purchase a hunting license but rarely use it. I get more trigger time in good weather in competition compared to hunting. Down side, paper targets don’t make very good soup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12