Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default New to Trap in Wexford/Cranberry Area

Over the past year I have been trap shooting a couple times, and really enjoyed it. I recently shot sporting clays at Nemicolan, and shot trap in New Jersey. I really enjoyed myself and decided to get a shotgun for trap. I am now looking to learn the in's and out's of picking a good place to shoot trap or sporting clays. I would like to shoot locally in wexford/cranberry but I didnt realize so many places had memberships, and had strict caps on the amount of members. So basically, where do i get started? I am looking for a place nearby that has a great trap set up, and I can learn the sport. Is there a place that says, "Come on over and we will help you get started". Or do I have to get on a member waiting list and wait to shoot, or are there any public places, where all are welcome. Thanks for any help you can provide in getting me started.

Edit: I guess I should also say I'm looking to shoot in Saturdays or Sundays.
    Last edited by guinner16; July 15th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New to Trap in Wexford/Cranberry Area

Lawrence County Sportsmen Association is close to your location.
    Contact them with your questions, I am sure that they can help.

(I'm not a member, but I shoot the IDPA matches at the club from time to time - very nice club!)

http://shootlcsa.com/
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Lawrence County Sportsmen Association is close to your location.
    Contact them with your questions, I am sure that they can help.

(I'm not a member, but I shoot the IDPA matches at the club from time to time - very nice club!)

http://shootlcsa.com/
    Thanks for the advice. It just so happened that tonight was their monthly membership meeting. I decided to make the drive up and was very impressed. All the current members were extremely friendly and more than helpful. The clubhouse their was very nice, and at a quick glance the shotgun facilities seemed to be great. I decided to join and already have my first trip planned for this saturday. From Wexford it only took me 30 minutes, and most of that was PA turnpike driving.

ACRC (Allegheny Country Rifler Club)has open practice and registered trap Saturdays & Sundays 10 till around 3 or so depending on business. It is not necessary to be a member on those days to shoot Trap. During the week and all other ranges are member only. We have 4 trap fields and are very friendly and accommodating to new shooters.