Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default mini 22 mag revolver

I've been shooting my S&W 22 mag revolver a lot lately and I'm amazed at how accurate and powerful it is. Yes, I said powerful. Ask Mr.Woodchuck or Mr. coyote? A head shot to both was the end of them. The mini I mentioned in the thread is said to be an easy carry gun. Anyone have one and carry it? The 22 mag is no 357 or 45, but it really packs a wallop and can be easy to conceal and shoot.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: mini 22 mag revolver

Have always thought about getting a 22 mag - potent little round ! I've looked at the S&W 351 PD - sweet looking revolver but a little pricey, then there's the NAA 22 mag with the holster grip - not a bad little Summer pocket gun for $212 new May break down and get one soon. Always a little concerned carrying one as a carry gun - not the greatest stopping power, unless you get a couple quick well placed shots ( let the games begin again on "stopping power, caliber, etc. - lol ). Thanks for the info. on yours !

(Cumberland County)

I'd get one, but I'd be kidding myself if I thought it was a defensive firearm. Great toy, they are made like Swiss watches, and really cool, but with today's pocket pistols in .380 and 9mm there is no reason you can't carry a real self defense caliber.

Unless maybe you go to a nudist colony...

YMMV. I almost bought the little .22 mag Pug, but then I found a smoking good deal on a J frame I couldn't pass up.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    a real self defense caliber
    The lady who dumped her 22 pistol into a bad guy recently comes to mind. I liked two things about that story. The fact that she had a gun in a "real" caliber in the same drawer but didn't waste time choosing, and the fact that out of the 8 or 9 rounds she fired 8 or 9 of them ended up where they belonged... in the bad guy. And that he died. Wait, that was three things.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm not saying I'd trade my 45 for a 22 and then jump in a bear cage. I'm just saying that maybe the bad guy laughs at you because you pulled a PMR-30 out, but after half of that mag ends up in his soft parts he's geing to lose his attitude. 22 cal or no.

First rule of gunfighting is hit the other guy. Choose a good caliber is on the list, but it is below this one.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    The lady who dumped her 22 pistol into a bad guy recently comes to mind. I liked two things about that story. The fact that she had a gun in a "real" caliber in the same drawer but didn't waste time choosing, and the fact that out of the 8 or 9 rounds she fired 8 or 9 of them ended up where they belonged... in the bad guy. And that he died. Wait, that was three things.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm not saying I'd trade my 45 for a 22 and then jump in a bear cage. I'm just saying that maybe the bad guy laughs at you because you pulled a PMR-30 out, but after half of that mag ends up in his soft parts he's geing to lose his attitude. 22 cal or no.

First rule of gunfighting is hit the other guy. Choose a good caliber is on the list, but it is below this one.
    I don't disagree, but any shred of logic says if you need to stop a bad guy you should do it with the best chance of stopping the threat as quickly as possible. Of course a .22 is better than nothing, yes a .22 in pocket is better than a .45 in the safe, yada yada. But practically if you can carry a mini revolver you can carry an LCP or something similar.

There are a bunch of threads on this. I don't feel like repeating everything I've already said on the subject, mostly because the keyboard on my phone is very small...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

I have a NAA 22mag mini revolver... it lives in my pocket mostly, as a BUG.

Guns & Weapons for LE, years ago did an article on them, and gave it a 99% "1 shot stop" due to the fact that out of like 40 shootings.. 39 ended in death.....

the secret to them is that they are a gun for CUSTOMER SERVICE distances.

Use it like a bangstick at close range, apply directly to the attackers pleural cavity, and pull the trigger... the contact wound created an unresovable pneumothorax and killed the offender... DRT.

so, if you stand off an plink, you might get dead, if you bang stick em, yer gonna be ok.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Had a NAA 22 mag previously. Carried it as a BUG quite frequently. Traded it for another gun. I've missed it ever since, if I ever run across a deal on another one, it'll come home with me.

(Butler County)

There is one in my pocket all the time. Not my first choice of a carry gun, but better than nothing. Real easy to hide. Can be carried wearing gym shorts or sweat pants.

They are good Church guns. You know, something to carry to Church when you don't want anyone to know you carry.

(Schuylkill County)

Are we forgetting this?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/14...ing-power.html

# of rounds on target/sec is all that counts. Pistol caliber is irrelevant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast