Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Short trigger for Sig P250

Ok, so I know the short trigger for the P250 doesn't effect the trigger pull or reset. I was wondering if anyone who's installed a shorter trigger noticed a significant improvement in their ability to shoot it. I have medium hands & am hoping the short trigger might help somewhat in my performance. It's my first semi-auto handgun & I'm having a hell of a time with it, although I'm steadily improving. Any input would be appreciated, I'm on the fence about keeping it(.40/.357).

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Short trigger for Sig P250

If it's anything like the short trigger for the P239, all it is is a thinner part that very slightly reduces the reach. I have small hands and I liked it, but it wasn't a radical change.

(Don't confuse 'short trigger' with 'short reset trigger', though I don't think that applies to the P250 anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by amfn View Post
    Ok, so I know the short trigger for the P250 doesn't effect the trigger pull or reset. I was wondering if anyone who's installed a shorter trigger noticed a significant improvement in their ability to shoot it. I have medium hands & am hoping the short trigger might help somewhat in my performance. It's my first semi-auto handgun & I'm having a hell of a time with it, although I'm steadily improving. Any input would be appreciated, I'm on the fence about keeping it(.40/.357).
    Getting used to DAO takes some time to be honest. I had come from glock triggers to the P250 so I had a bit of a learning curve when I first got my P250. For more information on the short trigger, I would recommend you check out the information on http://p250sig.com/forum because they have a lot of useful info for that gun over there.

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    (Don't confuse 'short trigger' with 'short reset trigger', though I don't think that applies to the P250 anyway.)
    This is 100% correct. The P250 doesn't have a short reset option.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the link. I took it to a gunsmith who told me the trigger is what it is & there's no helping it. I've been getting better with it but am far from comfortable. I've been practicing like hell with blast caps & that's helped(went from 20% to 50% on paper after 500+ rounds). A Hogue slip over grip has helped a little.

Remember that the sights are combat sights as well so when you aim at your target, put the front dot on the bullseye and then line it up between the two rear dots. Also, do you have a photo of where you are hitting on and off the paper? And when you squeeze (not pull) the trigger, you may want to use your first knuckle of your index finger to fire a round. Also make sure you go slow and try not to anticipate the trigger break.

This is normally a good indicator of what's fouling you up btw:

(Lehigh County)

I think I might be doing all that with this gun. I shoot my .357mag & .22lr just fine & on target. I do anticipate & jerk a lot due to the long trigger action. I'm used to squeezing, not pulling.

keep at it. i have the 250 in a 9mm compact config. snap that trigger like you own it and im a righty so i wrap my fingers of the left hand over the knuckles of my right with my left index finger along the left side of the frame. i also pull hard with my left hand and push hard with my right creating a positive resistance that helps stabilize the pistol when i snap the trigger. i am a big guy with large hands and when i was shown this grip posture i immediately improved my hits at 15 ft. dramatically.

dao is a beast unto itself. it takes getting used to and as far as i am concerned there are very few self defense encounters that give one the ability to " squeeze off" a perfect shot.

i would suggest lots of practice on paper with your dao .

being able to hit center mass on targets with 70% of your rounds sent down range rapidly will put you in a solid position to defend yourself, better then most with finer guns who rely on precision and silky smooth triggers. imho.

who gets to appreciate a wonderful trigger when bogeys are coming at you and you have seconds or fractions of them to react?

btw, have you had any functional problems with your 250? i hear much deriding of it but have not had any of the " known issues" or any other for that matter. it has run flawless through what is now over 800 rounds of junk target ammo.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the tips. I figure if I can master this trigger than I will be a better shooter overall. I've only had one stovepipe in 700 rounds (mostly cheap & remanufactured). Other than that the gun has functioned flawlessly which is why I'm planning on keeping it, still far from comfortable but improving, still wouldn't let my life depend on it, but I'm hell bent on getting there.

Highly recommend the short trigger..I put it in my compact medium 9mm and it feels better than the stock trigger. I was pushing the gun to the left (right handed) with the stack trigger and the short one it doesn't move.