Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Wisconsin CCW reprocity

Just got a list of the states that Wisconsin will accept for reciprocity for CCW. This came from my State Senator and listed the states most likely to be acceptable. PA is one of them. The list is 35 states long, so just about all the CCW states are included. Gov. Walker is signing the bill tomorrow and the bill will go into effect Nov 1. After all is said and done. Open carry anywhere except law enforcement offices, court rooms, prisons, and past the security checkpoints at airports. We have a state GFSZ law that is 1000'. Inside the GFSZ it must be concealed and a permit is required. What this means is almost all of Milwaukee and Milwaukee county will be concealed only. Madison (Dane County) and Green Bay will also fall into this GFSZ area and be concealed carry only with a permit.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Default Re: Wisconsin CCW reprocity

Good news! Congratulations!!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

So what states will they recognize?

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Montgomery County)

Congratulations on Wisconsin implementing the 2nd amendment in their country.

(Dauphin County)

Congratulations. It's not perfect, but what is, right. It's a whole lot better than what you had, and moving in the right direction.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

I love your location (Frozen Tundra, Wisconsin). LOL. I lived in Crandon and Newald, all about 20 miles from Rhinelander, back in 93-94. I am guessing you live in that area, too. My daughter and her mother live in Tomahawk.

Anyway, to get to my point, I am glad that WI FINALLY has a CCW. It is a long time in coming. Even back then, I wanted to carry concealed, but obviously could not, while my home state and quite a few others allowed that. I am really surprised it took this long. I always thought that under Tommy Thompson's governorship, that it might become a reality back then, but obviously, the state legislature, all the way until now, thought otherwise.

Congrats on finally being allowed to CC.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    So what states will they recognize?
    Here goes I was afraid some one would ask.
    al,ak,az,co,de,ga,ia,id,in,ks,ky,la,mi,ms,mo,mt,ne ,ne,nm,nc,nd,oh,ok,PA,sc,sd,tn,tx,ut,va,wv,wy,and FL. I hope the shake out period will not be to long. I am sure some LEO's will have opinions on all of this. There are some penalties the LEO's will have to look out for if they get to stupid. I would love to set in on the training secession that will come out when the law goes into effect.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Well Gov. Walker signed our CCW bill today as expected. The immediate change in the law is the LEO's can no longer charge you with disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace just by carrying a gun. A good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    Just got a list of the states that Wisconsin will accept for reciprocity for CCW. This came from my State Senator and listed the states most likely to be acceptable. PA is one of them. The list is 35 states long, so just about all the CCW states are included. Gov. Walker is signing the bill tomorrow and the bill will go into effect Nov 1. After all is said and done. Open carry anywhere except law enforcement offices, court rooms, prisons, and past the security checkpoints at airports. We have a state GFSZ law that is 1000'. Inside the GFSZ it must be concealed and a permit is required. What this means is almost all of Milwaukee and Milwaukee county will be concealed only. Madison (Dane County) and Green Bay will also fall into this GFSZ area and be concealed carry only with a permit.
    Is this written in a statute somewhere or just conjecture?
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Is this written in a statute somewhere or just conjecture?
    Here is the bill.... WI SB 93...

A lot of cross referencing in it...

I do like this line...

(d) For purposes of 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (ii), an out−of−state licensee is licensed by this state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast