Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default gunshops in clearfield pa

is anybody famliar with any gunshops in the clearfield area my sister and brother in law jus bought a camp near there and i'm always looking for different shops been to grice's ,bobs army navy, belding and mull an guns r us all great places but i'm sure i am missing other any help would be appreciated

(Somerset County)

Default Re: gunshops in clearfield pa

I think you've hit the gunshops. Elk County Ammo and Arms is in St Mary's but that may be a bit of a haul depending on where camp is.

If you're into archery or general outdoors, check out Jim's Sport Shop. Also, Grice's museum is good way to spend a rainy afternoon instead of sitting in camp.

Dale

(Elk County)

Elk Co. Ammo and Arms in Saint Marys, and River Valley Surplus in Ridgway.

South of Clearfield, there's Mahoning Valley Milling in Punxsutawney, and south of that, Security Military Depot, 984 Dehaven Road, Home, PA 15747 (724) 349-9366

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Jefferson County)

There is a very small shop in DuBois by the name of LB Toney's Alamo on Beaver Drive. Its my favorite place.. Punxy has Mahoning's and Rugh's(is out of town in farmland) - both have large inventories. On 219 between DuBios and Brockway is the Shooter Shop, small inventory.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Warren County)

Noah - where at in Ridgeway is River Valley Surplus located? I drive right thru Ridgeway on my way home, usually stop at the Sheets for a quick stop. Can't say as I've seen that shop in my travels thru Ridgeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Elk Co. Ammo and Arms in Saint Marys, and River Valley Surplus in Ridgway.

South of Clearfield, there's Mahoning Valley Milling in Punxsutawney, and south of that, Security Military Depot, 984 Dehaven Road, Home, PA 15747 (724) 349-9366

Noah
    Last edited by chez323; July 4th, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    Noah - where at in Ridgeway is River Valley Surplus located? I drive right thru Ridgeway on my way home, usually stop at the Sheets for a quick stop. Can't say as I've seen that shop in my travels thru Ridgeway.
    Going north from Sheetz, cross the tracks. The old PRR station is on the right as you cross the tracks, and RVS is on the left, a big gray cube-shaped building with a long treated-lumber front porch. Big sign above the porch on the south side of the building. There's a silhouette of a gangster holding a Tommy gun painted on the north side of the building. He's closed Sun and Mon, and open roughly 10 to 4 or 4:30 the rest of the week.

I forgot about Mike Toney's place on Beaver Drive in DuBois, "The Alamo Gunshop." Mike is open 9-4 weekdays and Sunday, and is CLOSED SATURDAY. Nice little store with a good selection of guns and a great selection of ammo.

Noah

(Somerset County)

LB Toney must have expanded since I was in there last. Used to pick up targets, cleaning supplies etc. but never really thought of it as well stocked.

Shooters Shop was pricey the last time I was there. But he did have what I needed when I needed it. And he was a hell of a lot closer than Grice. Sometimes the bear gets you.

I miss Dave Manley in Brookville.

Dale

(Blair County)

I have bought guns at both Grice and Belding/Mull, also had great service at both on numerous occasions. A little drive from Clearfield, but you can also check out Riggles Gun Shop near Altoona. Dick is a great guy and very helpful, although a bit expensive. Also might want to try out East Coast Gun Sales. I have yet to buy a gun from them, but they have been very friendly when I stopped in. Selection is pretty big at ECGS as well. Check them out online.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    Shooters Shop was pricey the last time I was there. But he did have what I needed when I needed it.
    I keep forgetting about Shooters Shop on purpose. Expensive, and I can take George's personality in only small doses, months or years apart.

I miss Dave Manley in Brookville. [/qoute]

So do I, so do I. Dave was a walking encyclopedia of all things firearm, and a pleasure to do business with. I was really sad to see him close up.
    Noah

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I keep forgetting about Shooters Shop on purpose. Expensive, and I can take George's personality in only small doses, months or years apart.

Noah
    Yeah, George is a little.. ...different.

He often has some trade-in colt revolvers that I rarely see elsewhere. ..thats about the only reason I stop in there.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast