Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Energized 2nd Amendment Activists Defend Their Civil Rights In Sunnyvale, CA

Despite the Golden State's national reputation of being a lost cause, civil rights activists in California are standing up in defense of the 2nd Amendment in dramatically-growing numbers and the gun control lobby is reeling from this public outcry against their highly-unpopular agenda. Don't count out the left coast just yet.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...s-sunnyvale-ca

Default Re: Energized 2nd Amendment Activists Defend Their Civil Rights In Sunnyvale, CA

People who dismiss California as a lost cause forget that a state with such a generous share of idiotic gun laws makes it a target-rich environment for civil rights attorneys like Alan Gura. He's the legal representative or advisor in numerous cases being challenged in FEDERAL court here in California now that both Heller and McDonald are "settled law". He said himself at least year's Gun Rights Policy Conference (held in San Francisco!) that that California's "low-hanging fruit" of stupid gun laws makes it a prime region to make court precedent.

Many of those in the article are members of Calguns, and we're regularly told about these sorts of meetings. Calgunners have shown up both at local council meetings as well as in Sacramento, to speak about our concerns in a professional manner. We're well aware that after Obama's "bitter clinger" throwaway comment during his run for president, we're eager to prove him as ignorant about gun owners as he is about economics.

Last year, the CRPA (California Rifle and Pistol Association, our state NRA affiliate) full-time lobbyist related a story about how during the most contentious anti-gun votes in 2010, the assemblymembers' and senators' email in-boxes, fax machines, voicemail, and mailboxes were jammed with messages. One state senator begged the lobbyist to 'call off the dogs' (i.e. politically active gun owners) because in his office the secretary was just picking up the phone every 4 seconds saying, 'The senator is voting against the bill.' *click* 'The senator is voting against the bill.' *click* 'The senator is voting against the bill.'

So yeah, don't count us out yet. Ours is a more difficult battle, but each victory tastes all that much more sweeter because it's on the home turf of the antis.
    Nevermore ...peering from the People's Republic of California

(Butler County)

Default Re: Energized 2nd Amendment Activists Defend Their Civil Rights In Sunnyvale, CA

Nevermore, it's good to see more and people waking up in Cali.

I wish you and the other 2A supporters the best of luck. Keep on fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Nevermore, it's good to see more and people waking up in Cali.

I wish you and the other 2A supporters the best of luck. Keep on fighting.
    Maybe they can do something about all the illegal invaders as well.

I just read an Orange County (California) Sheriff's Dept. training bulletin about the Open Carry Movement, and how, basically, they need to check all OCers to ensure they are carrying an UNLOADED gun. It seems you can't have ammo in or "attached" to a gun in California if OCing.

http://info.publicintelligence.net/OCOpenCarry.pdf

(Delaware County)

best wishes to the people of California!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
    I just read an Orange County (California) Sheriff's Dept. training bulletin about the Open Carry Movement, and how, basically, they need to check all OCers to ensure they are carrying an UNLOADED gun. It seems you can't have ammo in or "attached" to a gun in California if OCing.

Yes, that's right. It's generally illegal to carry a loaded gun, or a concealed gun, absent a CCW or if you're out hunting. However, it's not (yet) illegal to carry an unloaded, unconcealed gun. Within existing statutes, police have the power to inspect anybody open carrying to ensure the gun is unloaded. (This has brought up questions of its constitutionality as it's a search with no probable cause.)

This act, unloaded open carry (UOC), has its own activists in California though I personally don't endorse the idea. Primarily because it's riled up the legislature and the usual antis have rolled out an agenda to get it banned this session. This places additional burdens on lobbying efforts as it's one more piece of sh-- bill we have to defeat.

There are a couple of lawsuits challenging California's may-issue and we're eagerly waiting to see the results. These things take time, but at least with Heller and McDonald we have a chance to take down these unconstitutional restrictions in a way that the legislature can't simply reword to make CCW or open carry theoretically possible while making it impossible in a practical sense.
    Nevermore ...peering from the People's Republic of California

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Maybe they can do something about all the illegal invaders as well.
    I'm a lot less worried about illegal aliens than I am about our own home-grown Fascists.

It's not the illegals who are demanding that we give up our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    I'm a lot less worried about illegal aliens than I am about our own home-grown Fascists.

It's not the illegals who are demanding that we give up our rights.
    That is kind of like the trojan horse. Illegal aliens can be as bad if not worse than facists becasue they can help them stay in power. All of their relatives who are legal vote for people like Barack Hussein Obama solely based on things like amesty and birthright citizenship for their anchor baby droppings.

Good way to think of it is that if you love america illegal invaders should concern you.

example.

illegal invaders break into our country. They breed like roaches and have 10 kids who are automatically given citizenship and can get welfare, wic, food stamps and more depending on the state they are in. It also makes it less likely ( not impossible) the parents will be deported because bleeding heard liberals who hate america will say we are "breaking up families" when they are breaking laws. The kids in school often dont know english and hold back americans of all races because they need bi-lingual teachers. These leeches ( anchor babie) grow up and breed like roaches on the tax payers dime ( most of the time you can look up birth rate by race if you dont like me saying this) and all these kids become voters and vote for people like Barack Hussein Obama because people like him will let their parents stay and more come here to vote for liberals. This means more policiticians like barack hussein obama, more justices like kagan and sotomeyer, more gun control, more illegal aliens staying producing anchor babies and the eventual end of america.

I forget where off hand, but the costs associated with an anchor baby are really high that with all the public assistance they can recieve each breeder ( female illlegal invader) costs the us taxpayer one million over a lifetime factoring in her droppings ( kids)

wake up america before it is too late.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdoc60 View Post

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast