Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default holster question, bianchi or ?

I am looking to get a holster for a gun. Anyone have any experience with these holsters for a kimber eclipse target (or any kimber 1911 I would assume, or any 1911)

http://www.copquest.com/14-1660.htm this is a bianchi serpent

1 1/2 belt seems to be the best for fit. I have a belt that is 1 1/4, and my belt moves alot when I draw and so does the holster I have

the other is a don hume, and I cant find a link quickly for it. I currently wear a bianchi dress belt, and its a tan version, but I would rather have a black one, but I guess thats besides the point. Any thoughts are great.
    Last edited by MicroMonkey; July 3rd, 2011 at 11:01 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: holster question, bianchi or ?

Looks pretty good, any Bianchi holsters I've owned have been of high quality.

Holsters are tough, you may have to try a few before you can settle on a design that works best for you. Most of us that carry with any regularity will tell you that we have a drawer full of holsters that see little or no use.

If possible, try before you buy. This is were a well stocked gun store is your friend. Ask if you can try holsters on, ask if they'll pull a gun out for you to try in the holster. Don't be suprised if you don't always love every holster you try.

All that being said that Bianchi looks pretty good, for open carry, or concealed with a cover garment.

ETA; On a closer look, that holster is very similar to a few Galco holsters, namely the Fletch and the Hi Ride Silhouette. In case you were looking for something to compare with.
    Last edited by rwb1500; July 3rd, 2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

i used to love bianchi gunleather but they are now owned by safariland which is owned by the brits. just something about that rubs me the wrong way.

(Lancaster County)

Click this link http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_li...duct_line.html then at the top click new products and scroll down and look at the Premier style. For a gun like the Kimber I would splurge and get the full detail one too. If you must go with the express you still wont be disappointed. I still thread my belt through like I would do with a slotted holster but this design feels so much better. With slotted holsters I find that I usually need to loosen my belt by one hole. Not at all so with this design. I love it and recommend it to anyone looking for a holster.
    Heres one I had handy for my Kahr P45
    Last edited by bripro; July 4th, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

(York County)

This is the one I use http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LEG529-33.html not the best but does a great job for me.
    The day we lose our will to fight is the day we lose our freedom.

Priorities: You need a good foundation, before you build your house. Get yourself a good 1.5" gun belt first, then get a holster. Good gun belts can be as little as $25 (polymer reinforced nylon - Uncle Mike's) to the sky's the limit. Nice leather ones, for reasonable money, come from The Beltman.

If you are OWB OC'ing then definitely something with retention. If you are OWB CC'ing then consider an open top like the Bruce Nelson design, in Bianchi-speak that is an Askin's Avenger. From Milt Sparks it is a BN55. Pulls the butt of the gun in close to your body, but doesn't require all the space on your belt that a pancake-type does.

JMHO / HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(York County)

I agree you need a quality gun belt. A good belt makes all the difference. Even the best holster won't work properly with a cheap belt.

(Butler County)

thanks for all the replies and Ideas. I do like the bianchi belt I have now. Its a little bit uncomfortable when sitting in the truck as it digs into my back, since its really stiff, but thats no deal breaker, but i do wish it was 1½. Will a belt that size fit into standard pants belt loops (give or take)?

(Lehigh County)

Check out Lobo Gun Leather. Ray makes high quality holsters which are reasonably priced. I have a few of his holsters and highly recommend them.

http://www.lobogunleather.com/

(York County)

I wear a 1 1/2" belt and it fits in my pant loops. Haven't run into any that it don't fit into.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast