Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 50 cal rental anywhere?

I'm in Jersey and want to come to pa and find a range that rents any rifle in .50 cal?

Anyone know of a place?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: 50 cal rental anywhere?

Not that I know about.

Keep in mind the liability of a range letting someone shoot the big 50 cal, with improper handling, they can hurt themselves or send a round off over the berm into the great unknown.

(Jefferson County)

None that I know of.. Nearly all ranges I've been to that rented guns were indoors. And there isn't many indoor places that can handle the 50BMG. The blast alone would be enough to drive away their other customers when indoors.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

My local indoor range had a guy bring one in to shoot, they didn't ask what he would be shooting. Needless to say, he got through 6 shoots, everyone was moving away from him and the guy running the place came back to the lanes. The bullet was going through the back wall. He was asked to leave and never to bring it back.

I feel this is part of the ranges fault, they should ask what you will be shooting. The guy honestly didn't know it would go through the wall, and for the others there, I guess he felt he had every right to shoot as he paid also.

Quote Originally Posted by problazer1987 View Post
    My local indoor range had a guy bring one in to shoot, they didn't ask what he would be shooting. Needless to say, he got through 6 shoots, everyone was moving away from him and the guy running the place came back to the lanes. The bullet was going through the back wall. He was asked to leave and never to bring it back.

I feel this is part of the ranges fault, they should ask what you will be shooting. The guy honestly didn't know it would go through the wall, and for the others there, I guess he felt he had every right to shoot as he paid also.
    Someone brought and shot a 50cal rifle at an indoor range? How would someone even think that was okay? What range was this? Did his shots his anyone outside the range? Wouldn't the percussion and sound, deafen someone? Sometimes it just amazes me how some people can be so stupid.

(Montgomery County)

LMAO.. I double up on ear protection when there are 3-4 other shooters at the indoor range.. I couldn't imagine the sound coming from a 50, in an indoor range.

OP:, might be better off trying to find someone that owns one and seeing if they will let you shoot it.. Or do what I do, hang out at the range, someone will feel sorry for you and let you try out their rifle.. You'll need to find a good 5-600+ yard range where the big 50's hang out.
    Last edited by Pkspawn; July 1st, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

(Armstrong County)

if you feel like driving to Pittsburgh, you can shoot my 50 all you want. $3 a round

(York County)

Freedom Armory in York County, just off I-83... http://www.freedomarmory.com/

You can rent a .50 and purchase ammo there. They have an indoor range downstairs that is 50 yards. They told me there are only a couple indoor ranges in the country that are designed to handle the muzzle blast of the .50, and theirs is one of them.

Personally I think shooting the .50 at 50 yds is ridiculous, but if all you want is the experience of uncorking that monster, they will be happy to accomodate you.

Call ahead for specifics.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

glen rock is almost 4 hours away.. any other places closer to allentown or pocono's which are only an hour away?

(Chester County)

I can sell you one of these for $500 just need your FFL info and I will get it shipped right away

Thompson/Center Impact .50-caliber Rifle – Blued Barrel/Black Stock

Adjustable length-of-pull stock
    Sleek, compact design
    New muzzle system for faster loading
    Easy to clean
    Patented hammer and trigger mechanism for safe operation
    Fiber-optic sight inserts in adjustable metal sights

The features of a high-dollar muzzleloader with a price that won't break the bank. With features like an adjustable length-of-pull and a sleek, compact design, this gun ushers in a new era of muzzleloading. The QLAŽ muzzle system lets you load more quickly than ever before. A removable, fast-action sliding breech and break-open action make cleaning and maintenance easier. Patented hammer and trigger mechanism for quick, safe operation. Precision-rifled 26", 1-in-28"-twist barrel. Solid-aluminum ramrod. TrugloŽ fiber-optic inserts in adjustable metal sights. 209 ignition. .50 caliber only.
    Overall length: 41-1/2".
    Weight: 6-1/2 lbs.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast