Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Neg encounter in Wellsboro

It finally happened. I was in the Green Home, across from the hospital visiting my GF. I was told it is against the rules to have a firearm in there. I assume it was the administrator that stopped me. She did let me finish my visit. Next time I'm going without it and I'm going to ask her to show me the rule.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Neg encounter in Wellsboro

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    It finally happened. I was in the Green Home, across from the hospital visiting my GF. I was told it is against the rules to have a firearm in there. I assume it was the administrator that stopped me. She did let me finish my visit. Next time I'm going without it and I'm going to ask her to show me the rule.

What's the Green Home???

At least she didn't kick you out pronto.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Delaware County)

The Green Home, a nursing home in Wellsboro, PA received a 1 out of 5 overall rating from CMS of the Dept of Health and Human Services on September 16th 2010. This score means that The Green Home is rated much below average overall based on health inspections, nursing home staffing and quality measures.
    1 out of 5 Overall Rating

See more ratings and in depth inspection results for The Green Home.

The Green Home in Wellsboro Pennsylvania has a 92% occupancy rate with 110 residents using its 120 beds. They are not part of a multiple nursing home ownership and are a Non Profit nursing home.

The Green Home has an above average registered nurse per resident per day of 33 minutes compared to the Pennsylvania state nursing home average of minutes. They had 18 deficiencies in its past 2 state inspections compared to the PA average of 11 and complaints compared to the PA average of 3. The Green Home had 10 fire safety deficiencies in the past 2 state inspections which is worse than the Pennsylvania state nursing home average of 9.
    http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/nh...e_inc_the.html

Who ever you have in there... get them out!

(Clinton County)

What bothers me with this it seems we are having more and more bad encounters in Central and North central Pa. This is an area that shutsdown schools during deer season. Most every home has a gun in it.

(Chester County)

I do not see this as a neg. encounter. They allowed you to finish what you were doing and did not ask you to leave. Of course this is only my opinion.

On a side note, I used to love visiting Wellsboro before all the drilling.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Is it private property?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Is it private property?
    Its listed as a non-profit

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by pahuntnfool View Post
    What bothers me with this it seems we are having more and more bad encounters in Central and North central Pa. This is an area that shutsdown schools during deer season. Most every home has a gun in it.
    I think this is actually a positive thing. I say this because I think open carry is becoming more and more common. With the increased amount of open carry, comes increased negative encounters. It's unfortunate, but it comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Is it private property?
    If it is, who cares? He complied with what they told him and he said he will go back unarmed to see the rules in writing. Maybe he's contemplating discontinuing business relations with that 'private property' if they don't allow open carrying. He never said anything about them not being allowed to do such a thing. Your posts on this matter are tiring.

(Tioga County)

It's private property. It is now part of the laurel heath system. It is a rehab center.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

I was in Wellsboro last week. Most of the time I CC'd but a few times I OC'd.

My wife told me a guy that was seated behind me in the Mary Wells Dining Room of the Penn Wells Hotel had a OC gun on his hip. By the time I turned around he had already put his jacket on and was heading for the exit.
    MikeP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast