Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Frank's Double Tap

Not sure what's going on, but I saw this on Facebook and figured I'd share here.

As posted:

Frank's Gun Shop and Double Tap Shooting Range
    ATTENTION MEMBERS, FRIENDS, AND FANS, I will not be associated with Double Tap any longer. I left for a week of instructor training and found no job when I came back. By the way, Frank plans on selling the building, so everyone needs to get a refund for their memberships. To stay in touch with me, shoot an email to pointman73111@yahoo.com.

Default Re: Frank's Double Tap

I just spoke with a few other members and am disappointed how the owner decided to handle the place. You cannot pay low wages for highly trained and efficient staff. When one person is doing everything and not getting even half of what they deserve, it's amatuer night as usual. I'll be in to get my refund.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.

(Bucks County)

Word in the community was this place sucked from the start. The owner would not listen to anyone about anything. When the word got around I never set foot in the place. It is only 10 minutes away.

I was in there about a month or so ago, asking about a membership. I didn't like their attitude in general, so I didn't buy anything and left.

It's a shame, because i live pretty close.

If there was an attitude, it surely was not from Matt or Brian. Those gentlemen are nothing but helpful, insightful, and make everyone laugh or at least smile. I am disturbed by this the more I think about it.

The owner lacks any customer service, firearms, training, or business knowledge. This is a shame since the place has great potential.

I am referring to the gent with the accent.

(Montgomery County)

Search for the post on this shop and how they treated a customer. And continued to treat him online when they saw he complained online about them.

I visited the place. It was ok. But I don't ask much other than being allowed to shoot in a safe environment.

It is a shame to see anyone lose their job or business. But from reading that past review and how it was handled by Double Tap. It is no surprise.

ive been to the shop twice in the past 5 weeks. matt was on duty at the counter then. i just went to use the range so not much involvement with other then small talk. seemed like a great guy though. other guy was in office , not sure if it was frank or brian. last time it was frank and a young guy. again small talk and the young guy came out to the range while i was wrapping up and we talked about our pistols and grip and he along with frank seemed cool. thats all i got. although i will add he was pushing me for a membership. im prob going to stop in again this week if i can.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Tioga County)

I dealt with Brian my one and only visit there. He was very courteous and gave me a complete tour of the place and offered anything that I might need (which I didn't).
    MikeP

I was just advised that Brian quit over a week ago and Matt is working on getting back into his career but wanted to stay as armorer and instructor. This looks like something is afoul and maybe they knew better and said something. Pure speculation, but where there is smoke, there is fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast