Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: info on a range

(Delaware County)

Default info on a range

does anyone have any info on the range called ready aim fire located in bristol in bucks county.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Grizz
    National President and Founder
    Knights of the Innocent Inc.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: info on a range

I've been there once before and ended up choosing Classic Pistol in Southampton as my home range, even though Ready, Aim, Fire is half the distance away. If you are in Delaware County, Classic Pistol will be closer anyway. www.classicpistol.com

Chris

(Delaware County)

Thank you Chris, I'll give it a shot.
    Thanks again,
    Grizz

(Delaware County)

I live in Delco and use SPAG in south philly, many forum users also go there.
    Looking at Classics's rates real quick SPAG may be a better, and closer deal for ya

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    does anyone have any info on the range called ready aim fire located in bristol in bucks county.
    http://www.rafire.com/

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I live in Delco and use SPAG in south philly, many forum users also go there.
    Looking at Classics's rates real quick SPAG may be a better, and closer deal for ya
    SPAG is 15$ range fee + must use thier ammo or pay $25 in addition
    CP is $15 range fee and use your own ammo

I live 40 miles away from CP and still bought a membership, nice place and good folks there (I do however work 10 minutes from there)
    NRA RSO, NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Armorer

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
    SPAG is 15$ range fee + must use thier ammo or pay $25 in addition
    CP is $15 range fee and use your own ammo

I live 40 miles away from CP and still bought a membership, nice place and good folks there (I do however work 10 minutes from there)
    All I could find on the CP site were hourly rates, SPAGs rate is for the whole day.

As for SPAG the prices you quoted are for non members, I have a VIP membership, FREE gun, eyes & ear rentals, guests of a member are less, I shoot all my own ammo and can shoot any type of gun. They run membership specials all the time, my VIP membership was $250, at CP to be able to shoot Handgun/Long-Gun/Full-Auto the price is $350.00, SPAG looks cheaper to me.

I go often so it's worthwhile to me. Plus it's within a half hour from home and with the cost of gas these days that's a bonus.

Bill

(Bucks County)

does anyone have any info on the range called ready aim fire located in bristol in bucks county. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    The owner is a fellow named Joe. He's a good guy... a car buff and a big-time 1911 enthusiast (he and his son are competivie shooters). Nine times out of ten, a fellow by the name of Mark will be behind the counter. He's another good guy... with a rather cutting sense of humor. In truth, that can be said for anyone who works there.

If you go to visit, you should probably be able to "take it." The good news is that you'll earn immediate bonus points if you can also "dish it out." Think about how you and your best friend never pass up an opportunity to break each-other's stones. That's essentially what you're in for if you get to a first-name basis with these guys.

As for the shop itself, it's a range first and a shop second, so don't expect cases upon cases of guns for sale. They do, however, have a decent selection of new and used pistols at any given moment. There's also a few longarms on the wall as well. There are two large display cases full of rental pistols... and a few Class III pieces behind the counter (usually one MP5, possibly an Uzi and a 9mm CAR-15 at minimum).

The range is a 25-yard affair. I believe they have 11 lanes, if I recall correctly. The rest of the building includes a classroom (they hold non-resident CCW classes and other things) and a small "lounge" area (think three tables and a few vending machines).

Weekends can get a bit crowded over there. The good news is that everyone there is willing to work with the novices (they often hold "Ladies Nights" or "Youth Shoots") and anyone with questions. They really good news is that they will not tolerate knuckleheadedness in any form. A breach in discipline gets you a stren refresher. Showing off gets you a polite request to leave the premises.

For what it's worth, Mark also runs a wholesale ammunition distributor (www.ammohead.com) from the site.

So yeah, they're my guys... I like 'em! I say visit the shop and talk.
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 20th, 2008 at 02:23 AM.

(Delaware County)

Thank you Bro,
    The info looks real good and it's alot closer to home. Also I believe that we know each other. I'm Grizz, who was thrown into the middle of that BACA lawsuit. I was put in as national president by Rocky (nice friend right, did I get shafted). Respond back if this is you, I also believe we have meet a few times.
    Once again thank you for the great info.
    Talk to you soon Bill,
    Grizz

(Delaware County)

Thank you Bro,
    The info looks real good and it's alot closer to home. Also I believe that we know each other. I'm Grizz, who was thrown into the middle of that BACA lawsuit. I was put in as national president by Rocky (nice friend right, did I get shafted). Respond back if this is you, I also believe we have meet a few times.
    Once again thank you for the great info.
    Talk to you soon Bill,
    Although I'm not putting a face to the name I do know what you speak of, in fact I designed and maintain the website for Bikers Against Child Abuse of Delaware County, Inc. that broke off from the national after that fiasco. I'll be heading to SPAG today around 12:30 or so, drop on by.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast