Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Good/bad areas around Brodheadsville?

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    That's what I wanted to know, thank you. If there is more, my ears are ready.

That's why there's so many deer. They must know the regs too!
    yeah all the communities have deer in them like you wouldn't believe. The ones in PCP look like they are on PCP, they are disgustingly skinny and unhealthy looking. IML isn't bad because there is alot of land around them and the community isn't fenced in so the deer can come and go as they please.

Anything that has an HOA is bad news, they always have a board of "concerned" citizens who make retarded rules because they want to live in the city but someone made them move out here... stuff like your yard must be the right length, you can only have so many vehicles, no pools, no dogs... stupid shit like that. it really is renting as Dave said.

as soon as you see "HOA Fees" just move on :P. that "community pool and tennis court" aren't worth it
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I take it that "PCP" is Pocono coutry place? I have only driven by it a few times on 196, but what I have heard second hand is not good.
    We moved in in 87 and moved out in 89. That was back when the sold 'where the hell is Tobyhanna' t-shirts could be found at the local stores.

It really was a beautiful place back then but I saw the building going on and started seeing 'the element' moving into the house so we got out of there .. actually the landlord got us out of there when we told him we didn't want to buy it, said an empty house would sell quicker.

All I can say is THANK GOD we didn't buy that house.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    We moved in in 87 and moved out in 89. That was back when the sold 'where the hell is Tobyhanna' t-shirts could be found at the local stores.

It really was a beautiful place back then but I saw the building going on and started seeing 'the element' moving into the house so we got out of there .. actually the landlord got us out of there when we told him we didn't want to buy it, said an empty house would sell quicker.

All I can say is THANK GOD we didn't buy that house.
    yeah, there are houses in there that dropped 50%+ of their value in under 5 years, 250k houses in 2000 were selling for 125k or less by 2005.

that place is a shithole
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Anything called PCP can't be good.
    How long have you been in the Pocono's? It usually only takes a few weeks of watching the news for PCP to rear it’s head, unless you consider that second hand.
    Yeah, I need to keep in better touch when it comes to newspapers and such! Part of my "second hand" information was that PCP played a significant role in that area getting their local police force.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Monroe County)

If I was in the market for some property for myself and my family, here's what I would do. Find an area you like, go to the nearest gas station, small grocery store etc and hang here for a few days from morning thoughout the evening. You will see your local community in full effect. But mix it up from weekdays to weekends. Everybodies opinion differs from whats bad and whats good. You need to get into the trenches and assess the situation for yourself. As for traffic, drive to the area during rush hours or the hours you will be traveling to your work place. I really hope this helps you.
    When you think, You think you know!

(Monroe County)

I found a realtor and place in Whispering Pines. Any intel on the neighborhood?

I was up last sat looking at it and I see what you mean about the traffic, if it had a NY/NJ plate is was going slow or doing sudden u turns because they had no clue were they were going.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post

I was up last sat looking at it and I see what you mean about the traffic, if it had a NY/NJ plate is was going slow or doing sudden u turns because they had no clue were they were going.
    Not familiar with WP. The traffic isn't that bad, after awhile you learn how to time things and the alternate routes. The biggest thing is to learn how to smile at the visitors. I feel bad for them, they have to go back to where ever they came from and we get to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Never heard of the place ... is it a 'community'? Cause if it is watch out for the rules and the dues.

(Monroe County)

No It's just a neighborhood. I have a no HOA policy.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

I have figured out taxes are about 2-3k over a equal value house somewhere else in the township. So basiclly I'm taxed out of there.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast