I recently had my Eotech AND rails off to move my foregrip up a bit. I use the VTAC EXTREME BattleRail - By Troy Industries http://www.vikingtactics.com/handguard.html so the railed sections other than the top rail have to be pretty carefully thought out ahead of time to same some difficultly later. Anyway, I could have sworn that I put the EOtech back on exactly where it had been.

Went to shoot today, and was off by like 2-3 feet at 50 yards? High and right. Finally got on paper, but I'll have to get back shortly to bring it closer to an acceptable zero. Prior to removing my handgaurds it was dead for my purposes, and held this zero for several range trips before I made my foregrip rail move.

What gives?? Maybe I missed the rail when I put the EOtech back on, but I'm 99% sure it's in the same spot it's always been. Handgaurd is right back the way it was, possibly more tightly screwed together, but I don't think that would matter. Even if I moved the EOtech front or back a notch or 2 I wouldn't expect 2-3 feet worth of missed target.

And yeah, I read up on the EOtech fake stuff and am reasonably certain mine is not a clone. User error? Mystery? Normal and something I don't know about? Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you pop the EOtech on and off all day without losing zero?

Set me straight please!