Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default hunting area needed

Iv been away from the field for a few years now to raise our children and would like to get back into the field. at one time i was a avid bow hunter taking more then 10 nice buck with a bow. im looking for a area that i would able to hunt with my 62 year old father and my 18 year old son in gun season. my son has never taken a deer as of yet. we are not looking to just kill deer.. myself and my father have taken our share of deer in our life and are very slective as to what we would consider something we would harvest.
    I would like to bow hunt any area you mite have since all of the areas i used to hunt are now housing dev. or wal-marts. looking in Lancaster/Chester/Berks/Montgomery counties.
    Thanks and good luck this season to all.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: hunting area needed

Try the State Game Lands on 183 just west / north of Reading. Good for deer and small game, rifle or archery for the deer.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigstick1973 View Post
    Iv been away from the field for a few years now to raise our children and would like to get back into the field. at one time i was a avid bow hunter taking more then 10 nice buck with a bow. im looking for a area that i would able to hunt with my 62 year old father and my 18 year old son in gun season. my son has never taken a deer as of yet. we are not looking to just kill deer.. myself and my father have taken our share of deer in our life and are very slective as to what we would consider something we would harvest.
    I would like to bow hunt any area you mite have since all of the areas i used to hunt are now housing dev. or wal-marts. looking in Lancaster/Chester/Berks/Montgomery counties.
    Thanks and good luck this season to all.
    Not to be a jerk, but if I understand correctly what you are asking is for someone to give up their hunting spot so that you can shoot a trophy whitetail on their property?

I'd start scouting game lands, most people are fairly protective of their grounds especially of the bucks on them, good luck and I hope you have a productive season
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

not looking to take anyones hunting area. there are people that have areas that are not hunted by anyone. thats not what i was saying. as for the state game land near reading. i took my son there last year for the day. we may as well had sat in the shopping mall there were so may people hunting there. I really dont like hunting a area that i do not know who is hunting around me. So any way if you know of a area that isnt being hunted that the owner would like to have hunted by people that will respect the land. we would be grateful for the hunting area. maybe i posted this on the wrong board. once again. good luck to everyone this year be safe..

(Philadelphia County)

try dmap properties your best bet i know sullivan has one wit 23000 acres and only 200 coupons

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by magras View Post
    try dmap properties your best bet i know sullivan has one wit 23000 acres and only 200 coupons
    DMAP is generally open to all hunting
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.