Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Active military carry.

I'd love to see a law stating that active duty military with military id, regardless of age can carry concealed.
    I guess no chance of that...
    Semper Fi

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Active military carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcowboy View Post
    I'd love to see a law stating that active duty military with military id, regardless of age can carry concealed.

I'll get flamed on this post but so be it:

Until the military "trusts" soliders to carry their duty weapons/with AMMO on military bases (their home turf) I sure as hell don't the active military given any special treatment off post.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Luzerne County)

Coming from someone who has spent time in the military, I would not!!

(Bucks County)

I would love to see the 2nd Amendment carried out and everyone can carry concealed.

Question for you though. Do you think you have more rights than the "common" citizen cause you are active military?

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    I'll get flamed on this post but so be it:

Until the military "trusts" soliders to carry their duty weapons/with AMMO on military bases (their home turf) I sure as hell don't the active military given any special treatment off post.
    They can't even carry concealed on base if they're off duty.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Jefferson County)

I'd rather they not carry, in fact I'd rather we not have a standing army. Standing armies are offensive to the Founding Father's intentions of this nation. We are supposed to run like Switzerland with a called up militia.

This first quote is from James Madison, the father of the Constitution.
    A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence agst. foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.

And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; or to raise standing armies, unless necessary for the defense of the United States, or of some one or more of them; or to prevent the people from petitioning, in a peaceable and orderly manner, the federal legislature, for a redress of grievances; or to subject the people to unreasonable searches and seizures of their persons, papers or possessions.

Samuel Adams: Debates of the Massachusetts Convention of 1788, 1788
    If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security. If standing armies are dangerous to liberty, an efficacious power over the militia in the same body ought, as far as possible, to take away the inducement and the pretext to such unfriendly institutions. If the federal government can command the aid of the militia in those emergencies which call for the military arm in support of the civil magistrate, it can the better dispense with the employment of a different kind of force. If it cannot avail itself of the former, it will be obliged to recur to the latter. To render an army unnecessary will be a more certain method of preventing its existence than a thousand prohibitions upon paper.

Alexander Hamilton: Federalist No. 29, January 10, 1788
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

First question that crossed my mind is why would you want that?
    I do not think the police should have this right either.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    I would love to see the 2nd Amendment carried out and everyone can carry concealed.

Question for you though. Do you think you have more rights than the "common" citizen cause you are active military?

Hell no! I'd love to see PA like az where you don't need a permit at all...
    But until that happens, every step is better then nothing, I was just thinking because as a marine you at least get basic weapons safety pounded into your head, and that's more then the requirements for a PA ltcf.
    Last edited by ironcowboy; June 22nd, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Semper Fi

(Warren County)

Regarding a standing army:
    Technology and transportation has rendered the protection afforded us by oceans ... ineffective.

We don't have adequate time to muster a militia and get them trained up to mount a decent defense.

Regarding the role of the military as an instrument of national power:
    With a standing army ( Navy USAF & USMC) , deployed worldwide, the USA successfully stared down the USSR's efforts to rule the world under communism, while avoiding a 3rd world war.

The experiments in isolationism tried by Wilson & FDR failed miserably as evidenced by WWI and WWII.

THREAD HIJACK ALERT
    We have a" new" enemy that has been attacking USA and allies and all non- Muslim countries relentlessly worldwide. Islam.

The " religion " of islam has been at active war with the rest of the world since muhammed finished writing the Koran. ( about 1400 years now)

We need to respond intelligently as a country, and the FIRST STEP is to identify the enemy that has been waging war on us.

GW Bush screwed the pooch by responding to 9/11 with a " War on Terror"
    Terror is a tactic, not a enemy.

The enemy that declared war on the west is not a country. it is a loose collection of groups that cross Nation-State borders and there's a BOATLOAD of them here!

The koran is a book that spells out every action a muslim must take to conquer the world under islam. Lying to us "infidels" about their intentions is specifically encouraged.

We as a nation need to take legal actions to change the definition of a religion to specifically EXCLUDE any organization that compels its member to forced non-members to convert or subjugate or die.

That will leave in place any religion such as Judaism, Christianity , Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.

BACK ON POINT
    My 20 years of AD experience is that military leaders are scared shitless of armed GIs with independent thoughts. Hell they don't even like the independent thoughts!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE