Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default PMSC Membership Question?

It's that time of year when I kill the memberships I never use and join someplace new to try. PMSC is a bit of a haul for me but I was thinking of giving it a try.

What is the recommended way of seeking membership? Fill out the membership application and send it in or show up at a meeting?

I stopped there many moons ago and met some nice folks who were folding news letters and they send to just come to a meeting with the filled out application. Is that policy still good? And what about sponsors?

Mel

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PMSC Membership Question?

Fill out the application and stop at the monthly membership meeting. You just missed the one for January. It's the first Wed night at 7pm at the club. Have you been to PMSC before?

(Lehigh County)

Can't say as I have.

But everyone speaks highly of PMSC and the facilities look really nice on the web site.
    And it sounds like they have events. I really would like to get involved in different types of shooting besides the normal holes in paper.

Mel

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by melD View Post
    Can't say as I have.

But everyone speaks highly of PMSC and the facilities look really nice on the web site.
    And it sounds like they have events. I really would like to get involved in different types of shooting besides the normal holes in paper.

Mel
    Well should you want to come out as a guest and have a look see, you can come out for the PMSC group shoot on Sunday 13th, there is a thread in the range trips forum for "Freeze your ass off and shoot". Cost is only 5$ and you can come out and meet folks from the forum and get a chance to see and shoot at the club first hand. No doubt you could arrange from one of the many PMSC members to show you the rest of the place not just the area we shoot at for the group shoots.

(Beaver County)

PMSC doen't require sponsorship. I know it says that somewhere, but we don't.

(Westmoreland County)

Mel, Come to the group shoot on 1/13. You'll get to see the whole club. We offer everything from .22 shoots for kids to IPSC and trap competition. Everything in between.

It is really the best $60 a year you can spend for firearm related sports.

Hope to see you there!
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Lehigh County)

Seeing as the Steelers are losing, next Sunday should be open for me.

What should I bring to the shoot? I figure I can bring the guns I have and anyone is welcome to them and the limited ammo I have for them but what about if you want to shoot someone else firearms?

Mel

(Allegheny County)

What should I bring to the shoot? I figure I can bring the guns I have and anyone is welcome to them and the limited ammo I have for them but what about if you want to shoot someone else firearms?

Mel
    Depending on the time of the game, even if they are still in it at that point you might be able to catch the game at Drews after

(Westmoreland County)

Mel
    Mel, that kind of coolness is how these shoots got started. Everyone shares what they have. We should actually get sponsored by a gun dealer, because if you are thinking of buying a gun, you acan take it for a test drive at a PAFOA group shoot.

Gun sales in SWPA have got to spike after every group shoot. I know that I have been affected. Lets see...

I shot Lycanthrope's race gun and bought one two weeks later
    I shot Gropa's G17 and bought one two weeks later
    I held (didn't even shoot) Pinto's AR and bough one two weeks later

It's an addiction!

Don't worry about the game. They always play the play-off games late in the day so the West Coasters can watch (more advertising $)
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

Jeez Mel, Lets setup a night time or Wednesday together and go shoot, ill bring you, I am a member there now, Its a one hour drive. Not the biggest thing in the world when you know you can shoot every thing you have with out being told..

NO Today is archery.. there are people fishing out there... Pistol only today, Shotgun only this time.

PMSC is one of those clubs where every thing is set up so every thing can be shot at the same time. Well I mean you have to move from one field to the next, but you understand my meaning.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast