Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: xd9sc.

(Blair County)

Default xd9sc.

So I filled out the paperwork right this time.....took it to the range. It shoots great. Carries like a dream, when I got it home and held it up against my p229 I was dissapointed. Only about a half inch off the front and about half inch of the grip....but they are worlds apart. Lightness and thickness I guess. It doesnt even print in a wifebeater.
    I found a bunch of old (25years) 9mm at the bottom of my ammo can that was my dads a long time ago when he was a leo. I put ten rounds from the bottom of the can all different types all grungy from being looseys for 25 years to fill my first mag. I also found a full box of old federal 147 subsonic with looks like gold dots. A box of 115 leo hps, and the box of American Eagle 124 grain I bought with the gun. The first ones werent the most accurate but fed perfectly. The rest were giving me 3 inch groups at 15yards. The 147 were giving sub 2inch groups. I had to do to a game commission range as my regular was closed for a 3d archery shoot. 3 rds at a time sucked.....maybe my next weekday off Ill do some rapid fire and alot more rounds. Put about 70 rds thru it, tucked it away and forgot I was wearing it.
    Pretty happy with it so far.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: xd9sc.

nice looking gun . it's the first one i've seen in green(sharp). i have'nt met a unhappy xd owner yet, tells me something about the product. wondering if i missed something , have'nt been to the game comm. ranges for awhile refuse to pay to shoot there. our local range with a pistol range allowed 6 in a handgun did they change this too? enjoy your new toy!

(Blair County)

Default Re: xd9sc.

You may be right, but it said 6 in revolvers. didnt say handguns. Then it said semi auto weapons were restricted to 3 rounds. It was crowded. didnt want to take any chances.

(Blair County)

Website says handguns....I may have misread....been doing that alot lately.,

(Franklin County)

Below are the PGC regulations pertaining to number of rounds for PGC ranges:

Title 58, § 135.181. Rifle and handgun ranges.

(a) General provisions. In addition to § 135.2 (relating to unlawful actions) and except as provided in § 135.182 (relating to Ranges, State Game Lands No. 176), the following pertain to lands under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, designated as rifle or handgun ranges:
    (b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, it is unlawful to:
    (6) Possess, load or discharge a firearm that contains more than three rounds of single projectile ammunition, except as provided in subsection (c).
    (c) Exceptions for a handgun range. At a Commission range specifically designated as a handgun range, it is permitted for an individual to load and discharge a handgun containing a maximum of six rounds of single projectile ammunition at any one time. Other rules and regulations pertaining to shooting ranges under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction shall be in effect.