Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Lehigh valley mall

Security does not want to see a firearm visably holstered on a person.

Mall management is most likely concerned about terrified mommies who "see a gun". Eastern Pa has a lot of big city mommies who spend a lot of $ and have recently come from New Jersey where guns are just about a non issue due to stringent and absurd state gun laws.

A well concealed firearm is just that-concealed. Why would anyone even approach you about a gun.

In that unlikely event just indicate nothing was posted, say you are sorry and offer to leave. End of story. No reason for them to pursue it.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    I do not live in your county but I have found out that the lehigh valley mall has rules that say no weapons in their mall. I sent an email and got the standard "this is private property and we can make that rule", everyone needs to contact them and let them know how much business they loose.

Giant foods also has that policy
    I've been open carrying in Giant at least twice a week for over 2 years. I think about a year and a half ago somebody at Giant or some region of Giant decided they would prohibit firearms and a few signs went up. The policy was reversed about a week or two later. Regardless, they never put up signs at the two places by me.

So, if you have RECENT evidence that Giant prohibits firearms, please share it with us as I would certainly like to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by John-Pa View Post
    Security does not want to see a firearm visably holstered on a person.

Mall management is most likely concerned about terrified mommies who "see a gun". Eastern Pa has a lot of big city mommies who spend a lot of $ and have recently come from New Jersey where guns are just about a non issue due to stringent and absurd state gun laws.
    Do Easton, Bethlehem, and Nazareth count as "Eastern PA" for those purposes? I noticed you are a little further north than I am.

Do you think it would be a problem at Bed Bath and Beyond, Wegmans, cellular phone stores, Apple stores, banks, places like that? Because I have open carried every day all the time in this area for over 2 years. And when I go to Wegmans at least twice a week and the bank at least once a week the number of NJ and NY license plates in the parking lot is usually between 5% and 50%. And none of the big city mommies have ever been terrified enough to cause me any issues.

(York County)

I emailed Giants corporate headquarters and said that I had heard that their policy prohibited guns carried legally under state law and this was their response:

Hello N,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

It is our policy to provide a safe, secure and comfortable environment for Giant associates, customers and visitors to our premises. Just as associates are prohibited from carrying weapons on Company property or while on Company business, customers and visitors (other than law enforcement and other authorized security personnel) are prohibited from carrying weapons while shopping in our stores.

"Weapons" covered by this policy include any firearm, explosive, taser and any knife and other device that is used or displayed in a manner that could be perceived as dangerous or threatening.

Thanks, again, for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Debra Love
    Customer Care Representative

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    I emailed Giants corporate headquarters and said that I had heard that their policy prohibited guns carried legally under state law and this was their response:

Hello N,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

It is our policy to provide a safe, secure and comfortable environment for Giant associates, customers and visitors to our premises. Just as associates are prohibited from carrying weapons on Company property or while on Company business, customers and visitors (other than law enforcement and other authorized security personnel) are prohibited from carrying weapons while shopping in our stores.

"Weapons" covered by this policy include any firearm, explosive, taser and any knife and other device that is used or displayed in a manner that could be perceived as dangerous or threatening.

Thanks, again, for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Debra Love
    Customer Care Representative
    Wow. I was just there today, open carrying as always. At least "twice a week." I say the thing in quotes quite a bit, because I need fresh fruits and veggies for my nutrition.

On what date did you receive this response?

Please provide the email address of the person that responded to you.

Thanks!

(York County)

I have OC in Giant to and no problem but with that policy if a manager would throw you out thn corporate would side with the manager. The email was from June 15, I emailed back and asked why I did not have a right to feel safe and comfortable in their stores as I do not feel safe with out my legally carried firearm. I did not get a response back, this was the email crgiantpa@aholdusa.com

(Northampton County)

crgiantpa@aholdusa.com does not sound like an email address for a woman named "Debra Love." If there even are people with that name. It sounds like a generic email address.

Is that the email address the response from Giant came from or is that email address you sent your email to?

I'm posting a link to this thread in the Concealed & Open Carry Forum:

(York County)

That is the email that the response came from, I sent the original question through the "contact us" link on their main website. www.giantfood.com

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    crgiantpa@aholdusa.com does not sound like an email address for a woman named "Debra Love." If there even are people with that name. It sounds like a generic email address.

Is that the email address the response from Giant came from or is that email address you sent your email to?

I'm posting a link to this thread in the Concealed & Open Carry Forum:
    Customer Relations = cr?

I've seen consistent reports of this very policy when inquiries are made, and I'm also aware of numerous individuals (myself included) regularly open carrying at Giant stores with no issues. It seems that while they do have a formal policy, it's rarely enforced.

My local store has no signs posted.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Northampton County)

That's probably why I would guess. They probably all go out with that in the sender line.

It probably won't make any difference, but can you check the full headers on the email they sent you? It might provide the actual email address of the person that emailed you.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I've seen consistent reports of this very policy when inquiries are made,
    I thought it was cleared up over a year ago that they changed their policy? They put up signs for a couple weeks (not around me) and then I thought they not only took down their signs but reversed the policy. I guess I am wrong about the reversal of policy part?

and I'm also aware of numerous individuals (myself included) regularly open carrying at Giant stores with no issues. It seems that while they do have a formal policy, it's rarely enforced.

My local store has no signs posted.
    You can add me to that list. I'm in there at least two times a week. Two stores near me, and also others from time to time. Always open carrying my sidearm, of course.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast