Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Cheap *** paint job.

So I had a single shot 20 gauge that was rusting badly, so i decided to hit it with some 2000 grit car sandpaper use some autobody primer then hit it with some krylon camo paint.
    I think it looks ok, it will hopefully serve its purpose and not rust like it was and after i painted it i went over it 2x with some krylon sealer for outdoor wood, metal plastic etc.

i know the paint job may look bad to some but its my beat it to hell gun so i figured wtf, why not.

it was only after it was all done and reassembled that I noticed it had a few rub spots, but it dosnt bother me that much because its gonna be getting used anyway.

and yes the wood stock was also painted.
    And if I ever want to remove it, I figure a bit of paint thinner will do the job.
    Last edited by NuclearSociety; June 17th, 2011 at 06:13 AM.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Cheap ass paint job.

That looks like an old Sears Roebuck, I have one in 12 ga that I did the same thing to. I let a friend use it about 30 years ago with slugs for deer, he got snow in the barrel and blew off about 3" of muzzle. After I finished shortening it a bit, it laid around for years until the paint job. I "camo'd" mine, still shoot it now and then.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Cheap ass paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildturk View Post
    That looks like an old Sears Roebuck, I have one in 12 ga that I did the same thing to. I let a friend use it about 30 years ago with slugs for deer, he got snow in the barrel and blew off about 3" of muzzle. After I finished shortening it a bit, it laid around for years until the paint job. I "camo'd" mine, still shoot it now and then.
    Thats good to hear! As long as it wont rust and will function, I'm happy.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Cheap *** paint job.

Look at my avatar. I used a duracoat firearm finish. It was easy to apply and when its hardened its almost completely scratch and water resistant. The kit was less then 20 dollars if you own your own air brush.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Cheap *** paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by Condition one1 View Post
    Look at my avatar. I used a duracoat firearm finish. It was easy to apply and when its hardened its almost completely scratch and water resistant. The kit was less then 20 dollars if you own your own air brush.
    That was my main problem and the reason I went with the spray paint