Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favorite online shops?

I've been searching around a bit and I've made some orders. I admit, I'm really growing to like the online space. Bud's Gun Shop has an excellent selection and great prices. Atlantic Firearms seems to be the place to purchase great semi-auto rifles.

And I'm growing to really love Cheaper Than Dirt for ammo. I've seen some complain that the prices are no longer a good deal, but I admit I can't agree. Unless there's some shop/online store I don't know about, CTD is cheaper than everywhere else I've seen. At least for 22LR and 9mm ammo, though I'm not sure about the others.

Anyway, to get to the point, what are some good online shops to look out for?

Default Re: Favorite online shops?

I agree, CTD is the best. I had good luck in the past with Midway, though I hear they are pricier than they used to be. Sportsman's Guide (sportsmansguide.com) is another pretty decent site I dealt with in the past.

(Allegheny County)

For ammo I use Aim Surplus almost exclusively. Shipping is out of Dayton, OH so the cost is reasonable and I usually have the items in hand 3 days after placing the order.

The sportsmans guide can be pretty good when they hav free shipping offers. You need to look for sales though. I have gotten 9mm winchester lead free fmj at one point for under $8 for 50 rounds. I had not seen anything that good since.

atlantic has pretty good prices, but budsgunshop has many of the same things for a good price.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Favorite online shops?

G&R Tactical out of eastern OH. I've also done some carbine training with Grant.

Others include;

- DSG Arms
    - Mooney's Firearms, LLC
    - SKD Tactical
    - Brownells
    - AIM Surplus
    - Classic Arms, Inc.
    - Bravo Company
    - Rainier Arms, LLC
    - Gear Sector
    - Addax Tactical

All of these I've done business with MORE than once - spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars with them. That's why I trust them enough to keep going back.

(Beaver County)

I deal almost exclusively with MidwayUSA. Unless there's a holiday or I place the order late on a weekend or something, I always have my package in three, four days. They run coupon codes for $10 off $50, $20 off $200 and so on a lot so I take advantage of them when I get them. I had a good experience with Joe Bob Outfitters buying some Pmags. Their prices on Magpul stuff can't be beat. I don't like Cheaper than dirt because their shipping is outrageous and they sell mostly crap as far as accessories go. I don't buy ammo online very often. Even if I find a good deal, what most places charge to ship it makes it not worth getting. I don't go through much ammo though because I only get to shoot once every month or two. I've never seen anything on Brownell's that I couldn't find significantly cheaper somewhere else.

You know, it seems almost silly to say this, but I think I should add PAFOA to the list. I mentioned Bud's Gun Shop as having great prices, but frankly, I've seen some amazing deals on the classifieds section here. Deals that have made me want to slap myself for purchasing my handguns elsewhere since.

Aside from that, I'm not sure I've seen another website with a classifieds as large as PAFOA, though I may have just not looked hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    All of these I've done business with MORE than once - spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars with them. That's why I trust them enough to keep going back.
    Wow, thanks for the extensive list!

Quote Originally Posted by KDE870 View Post
    I don't like Cheaper than dirt because their shipping is outrageous and they sell mostly crap as far as accessories go. I don't buy ammo online very often. Even if I find a good deal, what most places charge to ship it makes it not worth getting. I don't go through much ammo though because I only get to shoot once every month or two.
    Regarding this, first, let me say that CTD's shipping speed seems to be pretty good too. Perhaps I just got lucky and my later purchases might take longer, but the last order I placed with them arrived in exactly four days.

I can't comment on their accessories as I don't buy that anyway, but you are correct in that shipping negates the discount, but it doesn't if you buy in bulk. From what I've seen, 50rnds of CCI 9mm typically runs $15 in shops, but they cost $10 on CTD. Shipping is $15 too, so I simply buy four boxes or more.

I save $20 and I pay $15 shipping, so I save $5. Using a real life example, my last order was for 200rnds of CCI 9mm and 200rnds of CCI 22LR; with shipping, the total came to $65.27. By comparison, at one of the most highly rated shops (I won't say which) on PAFOA, the same package would have cost me approximately $76.20.

Of course, you say you don't use that much ammo, so I presume you don't buy in bulk. In that case, yeah, CTD wouldn't be a good deal. Me? After my first time at the range and easily going through 200 rnds of ammo, I realize that ammo goes fast and they aren't cheap (with the sole exception of 22LR bullets anyway), so I buy in bulk and basically take advantage of every deal.

It's kind of funny, actually. A month ago, I had figured 50-200rnds should be able to last me. Today, I'm keeping stocks of 700-2000+.

buds gun shop, and impact guns are usually good and comparable in price too.

-dandito
    Who Dares Wins

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by MaGreat View Post
    It's kind of funny, actually. A month ago, I had figured 50-200rnds should be able to last me. Today, I'm keeping stocks of 700-2000+.
    2000 rounds is a lot of ammo. I have seven magazines for my XD 45 that hold thirteen each. If I go totally crazy at the range, load them all and shoot through all of it, that's 91 rounds. I have five PMAGs (I'll probably get at least two more) for my M4 so that's 150 rounds and the only way I'd ever shoot 150 rounds of 5.56 (about $60+ of ammo) at one time would be fighting zombies. My shotguns are 6+1 and 7+1 but I shoot those the most because I've been shooting 12 gauge a lot longer than anything else, I'm comfortable with it and I like blowing shit up.

I have a few guns that I want but I'm going to start buying cases of ammo before I worry about getting any new guns. I'm having a hard time finding a bulk shotgun shell I like though. I can't seem to find cases of the Winchester 00 buckshot I like to shoot. I've been checking out Luckygunner.com a lot and they seem to have good prices. Slickguns.com has a lot of awesome prices on random stuff. I'm not just looking at price though, I want high performance, hard hitting ammo. 9 pellet 00 buckshot 2 3/4". Give me some ideas. Hornady TAP seems to be top of the line but it costs more than $1 a shot even in the case.

Bud's gun shop and Bud's police supply for firearms.

I use Palmetto State Armory and Aim Surplus for ammo.

Acessories:
    DSG Arms
    Rainier Arms
    Operation Parts
    Aim Surplus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast