Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Non resident permit

My wife and I will be visiting your area vacationing next week. Since Pa is no longer issuing non resident permits by mail, Can we apply there in person in Lancaster County and if so what is the wait period? Reason why we want one is to carry in our neighboring state of Ga which does not have reciprocity with SC. We both hold SC concealed weapons permits. Also, is Lancaster County open carry friendly as far as the law enforcement community goes? Are there any open carry friendly establishments?

(Butler County)

Default Re: Non resident permit

See a few posts where residents said they got their LTCF in 10-20 minutes in Lancaster Co. Can't answer non-resident. Some sheriffs won't issue. I'd call and ask. If Lancaster doesn't work out check surounding counties.

I'd guess there's a good chance you can walk in/out with it between Lancaster or other nearby counties.

To save time down load the forms from the sheriff's website and have them filled out before going in..

(Somerset County)

We've had some meet and greets at Venice Pizza (West of Lancaster on 462) and at Anchor (Pizza or Italian Restaurant or something) near Elizabethtown.

Dig around in the 'get-together' forum for more specifics.

Dale

Went to Adams county courthouse for wife to apply for non resident. Was told to come back "IN PERSON" 4 to 6 weeks to receive permit. Not going to happen. Spoke with Lancaster County via phone. This guy was very friendly. Stated they usually try to get theirs processed within an hour or two. Sounds like Lancaster County has their act together as opposed to Adams.

Have you thought about getting a Utah non-resident permit? Its valid in Ga.

We have and thats the route she will more than likely take. Just thought it would have been convenient giving we were up here. And for 30 bucks? I am still good until 2015 with my non resident Pa LTCF.

Quote Originally Posted by bed92186 View Post
    We have and thats the route she will more than likely take. Just thought it would have been convenient giving we were up here. And for 30 bucks? I am still good until 2015 with my non resident Pa LTCF.
    Check our schedule as we always have new Utah classes popping up in different states. We may have one close by to you.

If you have a group (20+) that you belong to such as a gun club, etc, we could discuss coming down your way to set up a class.

(Philadelphia County)

Just wanted to say thanks for the info in this thread. I am a NY resident from westchester county which is notoriously strict for issuing permits. Westchester never gives out full carry until you have some kind of connection. I have a Target Shooting restriction permit. My girlfriend lives in Philly and i am moving there temporarily so i wanted to get a Non resident PA permit. After reading this I called Lancaster county office and they said they would issue it and all i needed was my permit, drivers license and $20 money order. They also said they don't care where your references are from. The guy on the phone was very friendly and helpful.

I drove the 1hr 30min to the office and went in. I filled out the paperwork and was in and out in about 15 min with my permit. They called the state police right after i finished the paperwork. It was very easy, i highly recommend going to them. Also for my fellow New Yorkers: they didn't say anything about my restriction. It was definitely worth the drive.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help!