Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question Suppressed Marlin .22?

After going to a special range day a couple months ago, I'm pretty much convinced that it'll be very worth my while to have at least one .22 rifle threaded to accept a suppressor when opportunity provides one. My wife particularly enjoyed it, so that's even more motivation. Has anyone here suppressed either a Marlin 60 (which I have) or Papoose (if I have to get a new one, it'll be that), or know someone who has? I'm wanting to do some research before spending the money to get it threaded to see if it's worth my while doing so.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Suppressed Marlin .22?

A problem you will run into with the Marlin 60 is that the magazine tube is nearly the length of the barrel. And it would require you to remove the muffler to fill the magazine.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Centre County)

I have a Marlin 25n which is threaded and I use a SWR Spectre on it, awesome gun. The problem we ran into while trying to get concentric threading of the barrel is that the barrel was pressed in, not screwed or kept in place with something else. Pa. Patriot ended up having to make a jig to get the barrel out and then use his hydraulic press to get it back in, took a while but it is great work.

Knight is correct on the 60, no way you can thread it and put a can on unless you remove some of the feed tube and then you would be taking the can off every time you want to reload... major bummer.

The papoose would be a great gun to do this too, just need to check to see if the front site will needed to be pushed back by a few cm's to fit. I'll find some pictures of the 25n when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Lebanon County)

Most major firearm companies today are threading barrels from the factory. Ruger,Remington,Savage,Marlin too name a few. Everything from bolt guns too semi"s. You might want to check these out first.