Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Ticket

(Dauphin County)

Default Got a Ticket

Well today started off as a good day... until i decided to go shooting. I pack up my hi point 9mm carbine and head out to the state range on clarks ferry rd (state game land 210 i think). Anyhow they got a little bit more snow than we did down here is harrisburg. So now that my car in about 2 inches off the ground i figure im not going to park in the big lot across the road but park on the range side of the road where there was alot less snow . I park, and the range is completely empty and i am the only one there. I get out and set up my targets and took a quick phone call, and i look down at the bottom of the hill and i see a PA game warden vehicle. Now im thinking great whats wrong and he come up about half way up the range and askes to speak to me down at the bottom of the hill and i do. He informs me that i am going to be cited for parking in a handicap parking spot. I said excuse me but theres not handicap sign posted here, he then points out this little 4-4.5 feet tall wooden sign about 6x6 inches in size with a handicap logo on it about 3-5 feet left of my driver side door. I explained that i had no idea it was posted there and would move my car, he didnt care and gave me a ticket for 126.00 dollars, for parking in a handicap spot. I guess ill pay more attention next time i park, i should fight this because i was not technically parked in the spot i was to the right of the sign and there are no designated parking slots for handicap parking, just that one sign. No wonder so many warden get shot, because they think their real cops with nothing better to do.

Input.....

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Got a Ticket

Fight it out. I would say get a picture with some snow in the area of the sign, area and where your car was parked. If you would have thought at the time, if you had a camera phone take a shot of the car before you move it as well as the sign.

(Dauphin County)

yea thats one thing i didnt do was get a picture of the car next to the sign but the officer did take a picture of my car next to the sign..... question do the same rules apply to state game lands about posting signs like the state of PA, where they have to so big and a certain height?

(Allegheny County)

i thought the law stated every handicapped spot has to be individually marked. Could be wrong, but then couldn't a store just say hey here's one sign now ALL the front row spots are handicapped...? Fight it!!!!

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

Sorry to hear of your woes, but I can't say I'm surprised. I witnessed an event very similar to your experience (details).

Please provide more details about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    No wonder so many warden get shot, ....
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Sorry to hear of your woes, but I can't say I'm surprised. I witnessed an event very similar to your experience (details).

Please provide more details about this:
    what page?
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Dauphin County)

anyone know if their signs have to meet state requiements

Did you park in a handicapped spot?
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    No wonder so many warden get shot, because they think their real cops with nothing better to do.

Input.....
    Elaborate a little more, please...

(Dauphin County)

I guess i did park in the handicap spot after finally seeing the sign. I wasnt parked directly in front of it i was to the right of the sign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast